NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Need Feeding Ideas For My Schedule

Elvenking

I read a lot of posts about how owners rotate different foods in the cage throughout the day. I work all day so my baby is home without me for about 6-8 hours a day during the 5 days of the week I work. That alone had me worried for a while as some of you know. But he seems to be plenty fine with my schedule mentally. He gets all the out-time in the world when I am home and even returns to his cage at night when he gets tired.

The thing i am trying to figure out is how to make sure I offer him good foods and have it available throughout the day. I have no problem leaving veggies in the cage for him like carrots, butternut squash, sugar snap peas and broccoli for that time during the day. Even a slice of apple will do okay till I get home.

Thing is, that is when he will clear out that veggie bowl. I try to offer him other things like beans, and other clever recipies like mash and bread, but I am hesitant to leave foods like that in there for that period of time.

Is it okay to leave certain foods in there for him during the day, and if so...which would you say. I have left birdie bread in there before...seemed okay...gets a bit harder at the end of the day but I don't think that is a problem.

Am I thinking along the right lines here? If you are gone at work for the day, how do you work this? Thanks for any ideas or comments. IMG_1054-eba0bb30db53067fe3e0dc50399472ff.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/03/30 19:11

IMG_1054-eba0bb30db53067fe3e0dc50399472ff.JPG