NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is this going to be my 2nd bird?

jessdecutie18

I've been looking around for a bird to rehome, I guess waiting for the right thing to come up... and I might have found it. I found this Craigslist ad this morning... poor birdie looks in bad shape!

But $25, and it comes with its cage... of course I wouldn't be putting this little guy with Yoshi, she would have her own little cage. I asked the guy selling her for more information, and what the age is, so I'll let you know what he says.

I don't know much about Ring-necks though!

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/for/1660036150.html

Meet the bird and see if there is a connection first. Ringnecks do get flighty if not handled frequently and this one looks a bit traumatised. I would stop by the Vet on the way home and isolate for at least 30 days. It looks from the outside that she may be fighting a little yeast in the crop or on the skin. There are so many causes of plucking but it does look like she may be able to recover a good many of those feathers with an excellent diet, frequent baths and some understanding of her fears and emotional needs. She just looks fearful in that photo has that ready to make a getaway look.

Take the baby, more than likely feathers around neck won't come back, looks like to much damage.They eat a little extra fruit and a regular diet, good talkers, ours get along with our Mitered Conure and 'Tiels. For a small body they have a real long tail. Looks like it might be a female...Jayd

Picturea028.jpg

Picture231.jpg

Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2010/03/30 19:06<br><br>Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2010/03/30 19:08

Still waiting for a reply from the guy on Craigslist... I have no other way of contacting him. I don't want to get too excited until I hear more about this bird.

Meanwhile I am reading up on them a bit! I like your pictures Jayd :)

I'll let you guys know soon as I know!

Still no reply :/

Who posts and doesn't reply? Hopefully he does, even if it is to say he sold it already...

I hope that birdy gets a good home!

EDITED to say that this fell through... I got an email today: "i am sorry he is gone"

Lets just hope he is treated better now... and my search continues :P

Post edited by: jessdecutie18, at: 2010/04/01 06:09<br><br>Post edited by: jessdecutie18, at: 2010/04/01 13:41

My little thought about this baby is that it has gone to a loving, forever home. People all over want the "perfect specimen". This one has imperfections, so only a dedicated, loving parront (such as yourself) would consider taking this bird on for it's personality and not it's "beauty". Just means there's another one out there for you to "save". Just keep looking x