NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from a new one :-)

karyd

Hello to everyone,

I'm a new member here and I'm looking forward to hearing about all of your wonderful birds. We have five birds and as difficult as it would be to choose a favorite, there is undeniably something special about Bailey, our African Grey.

We've had him for five years and he seems to get smarter all of the time! I'm looking forward to learning more about the breed.

{Feel-good-000200A2}

Kathleen

Hello, Kathleen, and welcome to the family, I think you will like it here and we look forward to hearing more about your birds, especially Bailey.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask us, we will try to answer as best as we can.

If you have a photo of Bailey, please post it for all of us to admire and enjoy. Also if you will give us a little more information on your grey and the other 4 birds you have, what kind, ages, names and such, just for background information so we can get to know you better.:)

Thanks for the welcome.

I wasn't sure if you would be interested in all of our bird buddies but since you asked...

Clayton, a Sun Conure

Angel, a Goffin

Bailey, the African Gray whose name I misspelled in the first post:blush:

Crispy, a Cockatoo

and

Fergie, a Blue and Gold Macaw

Every one of them is special in his or her own way. Thanks for asking. I'll try to get some photos up soon. We just recently moved back into our home after a major house fire last year. After being rather inceremoniously removed by firefighters, spending a week in the local bird store, and then spending almost a year in temporary housing with us, the birds (and we people) are now happily back in our home! They went through it all without any sort of bad effects. It was just amazing. I can't speak highly enough of the way they handled it all.

So, that's probably more than you needed to know but I wanted to explain why I can't post any photos right now. :)

Kathleen

Hello, Kathleen, my you have had a difficult time lately, with a house fire and having to put the birds in a temporary house and now back home. But they handled it fine and now things can get back to normal.

Yes we are interested in your other birds, most of us here have more than one bird and different kinds of birds. I also have a sun conure, Sunny, and she is a delight, she was my first parrot, and a spoiled rotten one now.

My grey's name is Josey, and she is DNA sexed as female, she is 14 months old and I have had her since Sept 06. She is talking now and is a delight to have, I love her very much.

When you do get some photos, you can post the other birds pictures in the other birds topic section.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and read thru the posts for information that may be of some help to you.

Thanks for joining our family, we look forward to hearing more about Bailey and the rest of the birds in your flock.:)