NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Issac Week 19

Elvenking

Not too much new going on with Issac over the last week. I made him some of this 16 bean mix I found at the store (minus the flavor packet). He seems to like beans. I filled a little dish for him and he went at it for a few minutes. He is still going on his formula for sure though. He did also like this little birdie kind of omlette I made for him that had egg, broccoli and carrots in it. So he's branching out. ;)

One morning, I took him in my room because I still wanted to lay in bed for a few minutes. He was super sweet. I had my head on the pillow and he would come over and bend his neck down for scratches by my head. So I would scratch him. Then he would make little cooing noises and do it again. He wanted tons of scratches and it was so cute to see him in such a cuddly mood.

Other than that, he still enjoys hanging out on my shoulder. That reminds me, it's currently snowing little birdie down feathers. LOL. I am sure you can imagine. He will be preening on my shoulder and then after a while, a big flutter, then a miniature snow storm of tiny fluffy feathers rains down. So a bit more vacuum work for me.

That's really it for this last week. He's is trying to make new noises and is babbling a lot. He is gorgeous as always and my wonderful little friend. We shall see what comes. IMG_1056.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/03/29 18:56

IMG_1056.JPG

Hey thats a great idea! The little bean packet. I have seen them at the store too, just never "clicked" i guess that I could make it without the season packet.

did you make the toy in the picture with the paper party cups? Looks cool ;)

Glad all is well! Thanks for the update

Yeah...the 16 bean soup package was great. And ditch the flavor packet for sure, that is where all teh sodium comes from and not good for birdies. I haven't gotten my red palm oil yet, but I was told by Dave that it's a certain hit when you put some over the bean mix. Can't wait to give him something made with it. I love to see him eat new things.

Formula is still his favorite though, and I still find it hard to believe that one day he will push it away. You should see his excitement as soon as he sees the pink cup I mix it up in. It's a certain flight to me with tons of 'beep' sounds like the microwave makes when I warm up the water. It's like birdie crack.

Oh yes, I did not make that little cup toy, I was the fool who paid 5 bucks for it...lol. I am sure it is a very simple thing to make. ;)IMG_0879-db960157d22aac24d73cceb8e973b836.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/03/29 21:37

IMG_0879-db960157d22aac24d73cceb8e973b836.JPG

I do the same thing, I will just like sit back and think, "OMG, I FINALLY have an African GREY!!!" So I know exactly what you mean, And I have had calypso a year now! Well she is a year old, and I got her at 4 weeks, her hatch day is March 9th, So April 9th I will have had her a year...lol, But ANYWAY, I still to this day think that every once in a while.