NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bathing?

celticdance

Hi all,

I bathe my CAG once a week. I mist him until I think he is soaked all the way through, but with feathers, they never seem to get really soaked, do they?

In any case, I am wondering, how much is enough? Whiskey doesn't really enjoy being bathed and I don't want to upset him, but I know he really does need a bath. I was told "soaked to the skin once a week". But what does that really mean? How soaked is soaked? And is once a week really enough? Just looking for a little guidance in this area.

Cheers!

Many Greys abhor water. My Grey hates it as well and will once in a blue moon jump in a pan full of water and get a little wet and frolic.

So, as you I either mist him or spray him and the cage outside when it's warm once a week then mist him with Aloe Juice 100 percent strength afterwards to help with making what skin it does contact supple and non itchy.

When I have the time and am home, I soak him 2x a week.

Luckily Harvey will sit on his shower perch for me to "wet" him. Obviously his wing feathers are waterproof, but I try and soak them as much as I can by "going against the grain". I aim for his chest and under wings , where the feathers are softer, and less waterproof, also his little bum and on his back.

The mister is another thing though! I have to put him in his cage as he takes one look at the spray bottle and he's off!! He does one hundred laps of the house, given the chance!