NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dayo is Home for good - Week 14

danmcq

Dayo and Female are Home.

Dayo is of course right at home and playing , eating and following Kim around since he has been here for the last 3 Saturday's for hours each time.

The Female is staying with me, looking at rooms and didn't eat anything for the first 2 hours. Now she is eating and Kim is spoon feeding them both.

Still enjoying them and will post Photos after while.

Got a Grey now...gotta go :woohoo: Maybe two...??? :ohmy:

Guest Lidia

Welcome home to Dayo!

Dan, you took the female too? Oooh, I sense trouble a-coming here! Dan, Dan, Dan ...

:blink:<br><br>Post edited by: Lidia, at: 2007/08/04 23:37

Well you had to outdo yourself, didn't you Dan, bringing home not only Dayo, but a female too. One wasn't enough for you, since Dayo is favoring Kim and the female is probably favoring you or you want it too. For crying out loud, Dan, you crack me up, I hope you know what you are getting into, but don't keep us in suspense and let us know how it goes thru this transitional period.{Emotions-00020070}

Two of them now! Oh my thats a handful. Sometimes my one nearly reaches the extent of my patience. Right now at 11pm he decided to wake up and start chewing paper in the dark lol.

One thing I never tire of is getting home from work or waking up in the morning to a thrilled buddy who is happy to see me. Now you too can feel it... maybe times two..:cheer:

It does make a body feel good to have someone happy to see you in the mornings and evenings after you get home from work. And Dan has certainly taken that a step further to times two. But I guess this way he and Kim have one each so maybe it works out best for both of both of them.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest briansmum

2 greys? 2 BABY greys? oh dan i do not envy you, i admire you but i wouldn't wanna be in your shoes :lol: although theres you and kim to look after and love them both, if i'd have gotten two it would have all been left to me.

congrats on your babies, i wish you luck and hope you have immense fun with them! you know the score by now picture pictures pictures!

Hi All,

Thanks for your congrat's and scepticism on my bringing home the Female too. ;)

I know what most think of having two Grey's :ohmy: and believe me, I have taken ALL the great information and opinions in to account received from the Family here on the forum.

What we decided to do, was to bring the Female Home for 2 Days and see how it goes. If she accepts the new home as well as Dayo and we don't find any issues between them, we will purchase her.

With that said, we brought them home, put the Dogs in a Bedroom, then took them out of the carrier. Dayo was out of the carrier and all over the place instantly due to having been here the last 3 Weekends for 4 to 8 hours each time.

The Female was content to just sit on my hand and take a tour of the house and check out the new surroundings in a very reserved fashion. After a couple of hours, she was starting to check out the cage, floor and us.

After 3 hours of play time, we put them in the cage for familiarization there.

I let the Dobies out of the Bedroom for a breather to let the Female see them as Dayo already had. They went out for a potty and run around the yard, then came back in to sit be me. I was posting my announcement here, when I heard the loudest, gawd-awful, spine chilling growl/scream ever. I turned around to see my female dobie one inch from the cage looking at the Female. She was all fluffed up, head down with Beak open at my Dobie, of which I removed from the cage area immediately. That was not a good intro to my Dobies for this Grey female. I will see how she reacts to them being around the general area at times during today. Dayo was just fine with them even at close range. He just cautiously watched.

We put the Dobies back up and opened the cage, Dayo road the cage door as I opened because he can't wait to get out. The female however, was very hesitant and I had to coax her to step up and slowly removed her.

As, of bedtime last night, she was still VERY reserved about this new "Home". She will all of today with us and then, depending on how she is, we will either take Her back Monday or purchase her.

They got up at 4 am while I am writing this and are HUNGRY, eating out of their bowls, but still wanting their "Mommy" to feed them. We have purchased Baby food and are spoon feeding them with it. :-)

I have been weighing them every 3 hours throughout the Day to plot a trend and am presently seeing a sinusoidal trend of + - 20 grams as they feed and then go up to 2 to 3 hours with out eating due to being busy playing. Overnight after weighing them before feeding, they were down about 30 grams.

I will continue to track this which will give me rock solid statistics on weight variance through out the day and night.

One thing we have noted, is when we are constantly in the room, they do not eat, they can only think of how to get back on us or playing with toys. When we leave the room and peek, they start eating after a few minutes.

Well, it's time to play with them again, I'll post more later.

Here's one photo of them together...

Reduced_Kissing_2007_0804African_Congo0013.JPG

Reduced_Kissing_2007_0804African_Congo0013.JPG

Thanks Dan for the update, I can see from the photo why you have both of them, and if you do decide to keep both, I wish you all the luck in the world, because if anyone can do it is you and Kim.

You have two separate personalities here in these 2 birds and you will have to adjust your interaction accordingly but it looks like you are having fun with both of them and that is what truly matters, so you go for it, I back you 100%, not that you need my acceptance but you have it anyway, free of charge.:laugh:

Judy - Your right, I can see the difference in personalities after the day with them.

Thanks for the free acceptance, at that price I'll take a double portion! :-)

We had to take the Female back to the Breeder last night, her weight was down 50 grams last night. It seems she appeared to be eating a lot, but in reality was just beaking it?

Dayo on the other hand is doing great and just eating everything we put before him. If you could see all the varieties of soak and cook, seeds, veggies and fruits we had out for them, you would think you were at a smorgasbord :-)

Hi Dan.. First off I think I know how happy you and Kim are. You finally got your Grey(s) :) :)

Can you imagine that you have over 700 posts and you didn't have a Grey yet.. I can't imagine how many posts you will have this time next year.. :P :P

I love the photo of the two Greys Kissing.. Very nice...

Hi CD,

Yes, we are indeed overflowing with Joy :-)

I hadn't paid attention to the number of posts..maybe I talk too much ;)

On the Photo of two Greys, I can't figure out why it's grainy? It is a 7.1 MP Fuji with optical zoom and as you can tell the auto-flash was used. Do you any expert advice?

Dan

I think it's grainy because the Auto ISO feature you must have is turned ON.. either that or you have it set high for some reason.. It should be set at 200 or less.. What you have here looks to me like it might be 800 or higher.. The higher the ISO the more sensitive to light BUT more grain is the result..

Take a look and tell me what that setting is..