NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ever heard of a sleep bowl? :P

jessdecutie18

I think I once talked about this on the forum when I got Yoshi and realized she was doing this… and it’s still the same :P

Yoshi’s big cage has four bowls, one for water, one for food, one for treats, and an empty bowl in the front right corner. Since Yoshi came to us, she has adopted that bowl as her sleeping ‘perch’ and doesn’t sleep anywhere else. She will nap elsewhere, and she has several different perches, and at several different heights, but come night time she always ventures across her cage and gets onto that bowl. If we put food or water in there, she poops in it, yet she is careful not to poop in other bowls. It actually often catches her ‘morning bomb’ pretty gross and needs to be cleaned out often…

I’ve tried moving a perch directly on top of that bowl, but she still sits on the bowl… I’ve tried removing the bowl and she slept on a nearby perch but I don’t think she was happy about it. In the end, months ago I gave up. It doesn’t seem to do any harm, and she’s comfortable sleeping there. I’m curious if anyone else has had an experience like this? I love my Yoshi, I guess she is just weird like me :P<br><br>Post edited by: jessdecutie18, at: 2010/03/25 22:01

That seems to be one of those unique things you have going with Yoshi. Issac just sleeps on his monkey tail boing thing that hangs from the top of his cage. I always come out in the morning and peek in on him just before taking off his cage cover. You must post a picture of this activity if you possibly can. LOL.

{Feel-good-0002006E}

That is too funny!!!

When we brought Spock home at four weeks old, we kept a purple towel and pink bunny in his cage for him to sleep on. When we had to wash the purple towel, he threw such a fit that we had to go down to the local department store and buy a few more purple towels...:laugh: He slept with them until he was about 9 weeks old and one day,:laugh: he got into a fight with the towel. He fought it and threw it around the cage a few times before tossing it out of the cage door. We tried to stick it back in and he would toss it out every time...:laugh: After that, he would sleep on a perch close to the bottom of his cage...

Maggie

Pictureb00a27.jpg

7 weeks old...

Post edited by: Spock, at: 2010/03/25 23:46<br><br>Post edited by: Spock, at: 2010/03/25 23:53

Here is Issac the day that I brought him home. He enjoyed nestling in a blue towel that I rolled up into a kind of donut for his tenth week of life. Shortly after that he was perching and left his floor bed behind. It seems so long ago now....ohh my lil baby.<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/03/25 23:52

IMG_0777.JPG

Awww that's such a cute picture of Spock with the bunny! :D They are all cute pictures! It's nice to see these unique baby pictures and hear about others unique bed-time habits.

As requested, here is a picture of Yoshi settling down for bed :)

DSCN1361.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: jessdecutie18, at: 2010/03/28 07:18

DSCN1361.JPG

• 2 months later...