NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Issac Week 18

Elvenking

Hello all again. So as most already know, the most significant thing that happened over the last week was Issac's regurgitation upon my shoulder. I was truly honored. Even though a regognizably gross act, I was only on the side of it that made me feel quite honored.

With the weather warming up, I have the windows open more often and Issac can hear things outside. I have a couch that sits next to one fo the windows and he just recently loves to prance back and forth and look outside. Often making cute little mumbles and noises and staring out into the distance sometimes frozen with wonder. It is super cute to watch him walk about up there.

He almost has the microwave down. I told one of my friends down and she was like, "Well what does he cook?" LOL...noooo the sound. Yes...he is studying the pitch and nearly has it nailed. It is amazing watching him gain control over what comes out his little throat. I like the way the little area under their beak moves as it is forming sounds.

Still taking his formula and enjoying it. That is what actually inspires the microwave sounds in the morning. He is no fool and knows that goodies come from that little black box making the noises.

Bought his a boat load of toys and goodies a couple days ago. Never a dull day for Issac. I also managed to find a supplier of Pine Nuts. At first he was a bit intimidated at the hardness. So, I took a nut cracker and busted one open before him so he could see. Then i gave him the nut inside...and ohhh boy....it was all over. He loves em. After that, I think I increased his determination and he can now open them without an issue. A good side treat for the lil fella.

Well I am off to read about some healthy things that I can make him to keep experimenting with his tastes.

I can honestly say that I have never been so connected to a pet...or anything for that matter. He is my sweet little friend and I take good care of him. Thanks for reading. IMG_0854-9ecda2dd5c530685e6b9ee6ad04194c7.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/03/22 21:43

IMG_0854-9ecda2dd5c530685e6b9ee6ad04194c7.JPG

That would be a great thing to try. What is quinoa and can I find it in my local grocery store? Can you please tell me exactly how you make it or direct me to where you have that posted? I suck at cooking pretty bad and need explicit instrcutions. Unless its on the grill of course. But as a baker, I need help.<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/03/22 22:10

:) Really good looking, get some 1 ounce "Souffle" paper cups, stick a treat [a nut or piece of food] and crumble it up and give it as a foraging toy...You can get them at most stores [or McDonald's] LOL.....Jayd;)

I love him so much. I think about him like my own blood. He is extremely special to me and I play, love, and care for him like I would my own daughter. (Who is 7...lol.)

I sit in amazement at his beauty so often. He preens on me and I comment to him on how beautiful he is. He bends down for scratches...I just love this bird beyond. The english language needs new words for this connection.

Lol...he always comes when I say...c'mere and make a little click sound...so sweet. He's way more than I ever would imagine. HE gooo'booy. LOL.<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/03/23 07:25

Beautiful photo and description of your feelings for Isaac. It certainly is intense, compared to other critters.

Enjoy the infant, young child and teen times as Isaac goes through them. Just like a human baby grows in capabilities and desires of their own as they get into late teens. So does a Grey as it ages towards full maturity at 4 to 5 years.

I miss those baby times, but enjoy the shear intelligence and beauty of their personalty as they grow in mental and physical capabilities becoming the awe inspiring creature they were meant to be.

Thanks for sharing this. :-)

Yeah...they only stay cuddly for so long, and I am being sure to soak these times up. Just in videos you can tell how much more deliberate and how much more assertive the sounds they make are. The day he stops considering me the primary destination, I will let you know..but for now, I am loving the attention. ;)

I really don;t know how much he weighs. I don;t have the extra cash to get a scale for him at the moment. I have been told I should follow his weight, but that might just give me something to obsess about. He looks great though. If anyone has a reference for a cheap scale...I would consider getting one. All I know is I am not worried about his eating...he is still getting his formula and working through his veggies and fruit plenty.

Well heck....it appears that they are really only about 25 dollars. I thought it would be more like 100+. I will get him a scale tonight and let you know how much he weighs very soon. Rest assured...he is a healthy boy!

IMG_0910.JPG

Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/03/23 21:08<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/03/23 21:08

IMG_0910.JPG

His photos show him to be the picture of health but a scale will help to assure you that he stays around the same weight, a loss would indicate he is sick and the sooner you catch that the better off he will be, they are masters of concealing signs of illness.

I am new at this but I think what is most important is for you to get a baseline of his weight on a weekly basis rather than to worry about one particular weight to try to reach. The main reason we weigh them is to notice if they are consistently dropping weight over a few weeks as an early indicator for illness. I don't remember if you said he is flighted but if he is flying, he won't be overweight. And it is rare (I think) for them to be overweight at this point in his young life. So just get your baseline down and know that weight does change regularly through the week and even the day or hour so your looking for patterns, not absolute numbers.

It is extremely important to weigh your baby daily in the morning after the "big bomb" (morning poop). For those of you who have kept up on Spock's dilemma will understand. A couple of grams is nothing to worry about. Six grams one day, stays down six grams for a couple of days, goes up a couple of grams the next day (not eight) still down six is worry time. A poop check should also be performed daily...example: Zupreem Fruit Pellets will change the feces color to the color of his favorite pellet. The same goes for other foods including veggies that we feed them. When they eat a blackberry, you'd swear it was blood. The amount of urine is also a very important indicator of health. It can mean illness or too much fruit and veggies. It's most important for stability in weight within a couple of grams daily. When they reach their optimum weight, they will stabilize.

Jayd