NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Just the little things... :)

jessdecutie18

You know, sometimes it's the littlest things that I think are awesome with Yoshi... over the last weeks a few things have happened:

One morning last week, in a rush, I put Yoshi on the counter next to my keys and granola bar and stuff and ran upstairs. A minute later, I came back down to see her holding my granola bar ripping up the wrapper and bits of oats and honey starting to collect at her feet. I ended up putting half my granola bar in her treat dish before I left for work because she had done so well. Sometimes I forget how clever she is. :P

Over the last week... still lots of mumbling and weird sounds... she has to be trying :) Today I talked to my Mom on the phone and she (for the first time ever) mumbled beside me and seemed to be wanting to join in on the conversation. Mom thought it was so cute because she hasn't heard Yoshi make noises before.

Last night I found a clipped wing feather on the floor... this is the first wing feather she has ever lost. Made me think she is growing up! Also made me excited that the next feather that grows in will not be clipped... a first step towards flight :)

I know there are other little things besides these... I just wanted to let my feeling out on how nice these little things are and how much they mean to me :P

It is the little things that add up that matters most and even though big things get a lot of attention they are fewer and far between, its like life's little blessings and when you can see the joy and amusement in the little things then you way ahead of the others.

I think we all experience little joys with our greys and birds that we don't speak of too often for they are overlooked but they can mean so much, like finding the clipped wing feather and knowing that an unclipped one will eventually take its place. You have a very optimistic outlook and that is a gift.

Thanks for sharing these little things with us.

I just love your posts. It is so sweet to hear your whole family involved with Yoshi and sharing all these little moments with you. Judy is right about the big things that seem to demand our attention and how precious it is to rejoice all those little victories and joys as our greys keep reminding us what is important in life. We are also on the feather watch to regain flight and our life will be different when we have that joy in our lives. Thanks for sharing with us Jessica. We love the little things on this forum!

Thanks guys :)

If you are waiting for those feathers too Dee, that means you understand my anticipation and feelings of "Hurry up feathers!" :P

Yoshi lost another feather this morning actually, so two wing feathers down! Several wing feathers to go... does anyone know how many they are supposed to have (flight feathers) on each wing?<br><br>Post edited by: jessdecutie18, at: 2010/03/22 19:03