NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Spock Update 3/21/10

Jayd

Spock's still the same, test show nothing positive..His weight stays around 430, he gets really tired by night time and still eats a lot. We found out whats wrong with his back feathers, Spock stands on his tail with his back against the corner of the cage with feet stretched to each side holding on to the cage scratching like a bear ruffling his feathers. We wish he would get well...Jay...

014-5.jpg

079.jpg

I am amazed at Spock's great attitude and how hard he is working to eat and get well. I just keep hoping you wake up some morning and see a trend in the direction of returning to vibrant health. His feathers may be a little ruffed, but he has bright eyes and a sweet outlook on life. Ana Grey is sending sweet nothings your way... woot! Many a good man has come to life with a sweet girl to perk up his day!

Jay, I can't remember if your vet had explored the possibility of food allergys with Spock. With your description of how he's scratching against the cage it made me think of dogs and cats we have at the store who develop skin and nutrition problems because they're intolerant of commonly used ingredients like gluton. Even animals (and people) who don't have full-blown allergies can be negatively effected by some ingredients. Just a thought. Feel better little bird.

Hi everyone, were on Spock's second vet, unfortunately they both agree on most everything...We keep a log and close eye on all that he eats, we have stopped or changed ingredient when we notice changes. They generally agree it's metabolism and the organs not accepting what it needs. If you notice in the photos how the crop area is shrunken and the breast area protrudes, it's like his crop can only accept a small amount of food at one time.

He's a big bird compared to Joey and is always on the go, very active..It's constant worry and constant prayers....Thank you all for your support..

Jayd... Spock here, LADY BIRDS!!! Whoa, I'll be well soon!!!!!B)

I personally find it comforting to know that Spock is holding a steady weight, is eating a good amount and shows that glimmer in his eye's.

He may look a little rough around the edges. But, holding steady is a good sign. :-)

Still praying and hoping this ends soon. But, those damaged feathers will have to go through a molting process as always to be replaced with nice new ones again.

Thanks for the update!!