NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What are the Tourist Attractions in your Area?

Luvparrots

We all live in different areas, states or countries. So if one of us was coming to visit your area, what would you suggest would be some of the more interesting, exciting or memorial memories to take home? I would love to hear about all the interesting things in your hometown/country. Pictures please if you have any to share!

Ooh! Great topic ~ karma as promised Janet x

I live in the County of Northumberland in the North Eastern corner of England.

This is our official visitor's site:

http://www.visitnorthumberland.com/site/attractions

Now, my nearest city (Newcastle upon Tyne) is 12 miles away from my house. We are often described as the "party capital of England" - with nightlife in abundance! I also have both the biggest town centre and out of town shopping centres in Europe!

I could go on all day! Just google both!!! B)

Oh come on Janet, how about yours? You in Washington? I think we all know about the famous whitehouse but what else is worth a visit?

As for me, well down here in the south west of England we have miles upon miles of beautiful rugged coastline and faboulous beaches. Dartmoor, Exemoor and Bodmin moor, some of these depicted in famous stories such as sherlock holmes and wuthering heights - most recently the tea party scene in the latest Alice in Wonderland movie was filmed here. Plymouth Hoe (our seafront) is famous for being the scene where sir Frances Drake insisted on finishing his game of bowls after spotting the Spanish Armada on the horizon. These days it is the site of a large war memorial as Plymouth was devistated during WW2 due to our large naval docks.

Hello! We are in the beautiful city of (Where the Heck is) Bullhead City, Arizona. We are within 15 miles of California and Nevada. We are on the lovely Colorado River, (the River of No Return). In Nevada, a stone-throw away is Laughlin, Nevada, an old Las Vegas style gaming city with stars, shows, All-you-can-eat Prime Rib Buffet Dinners for two for $9.95 (US dollars). Fifteen miles north-east of us is Lake Mohave which stretches 100 miles to the world famous Hoover Dam. One Hundred miles north of us is Sin City (Las Vegas). In tiny Bullhead City, across from Laughlin, Nevada, we have an International airport.:woohoo: Bullhead City is in the center of the Mohave Desert. Temperatures range from the 20's (degrees) to 130+ in the summer. (Hell!) Fifteen miles east of us is Oatman, a ghost town with the hotel where Clark Gable and Carol Lombard had their honeymoon. Within one-hundred and fifty miles is the Grand Canyon, a multitude of ghost towns and real cowboys and Indians and reservations (With all due respect to their wonderful handicrafts). Naturally, Laughlin brings in Off-road racing, boat racing and all kinds of venues. Southern California starts less than 250 miles from us. (Disneyland, etc.) Last but not least, sixty miles south-east is the new home of the London Bridge:laugh: Lake Havasu City. Hot Spot for spring and summer breakers (Girls Gone Wild!):woohoo:

Note: We have fishing, hunting, spelunking, boating, water-skiing, prospecting for gold, silver, turquoise and gems. Whew! This is just at our back door...and two inches of rain a year...

Jay and Maggie<br><br>Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2010/03/16 23:56

I live in a small town called Boulder Creek, California (population 4,081). The closest cities are Santa Cruz (lots of hippies) to the south and San Jose (lots of techies) to the north with San Francisco a little further on. Our claim to fame is the natural environment with the Coastal Redwoods - the tallest trees on earth. These aren't the ones in Yosemite that are the most massive and you can find pictures of cars driving through. These are taller.

Here is a web site some one did for our town:

http://www.boulder-creek.com/

And a picture from google that shows the whole town. Seriously, you can see all the main buildings in this panorama with the trees in the background:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/10557670<br><br>Post edited by: crossfit, at: 2010/03/17 01:38