NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

african grey cage location

fugue27

Thats not a good spot for a bird.

It goes against all the things a bird needs:

1. Being a part of the flock and in the room the most time is spent by the household members.

2. A safe environment with controlled temperatures and humidity.

3. Lots of mental stimulation.

When a bird gets caged as you describe, they become almost a second thought to people instead of being viewed as a family member.<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2010/03/15 16:49

Yeah, I would say you have a problem if your flatmates do not want the bird inside. I wouldn't even considering living with anyone who would not consider my bird as part of the family. I sincerely hope that you find a good home for you and your bird to be together.

I have to agree with the others, the terrace is no place for your bird, they need to be around their family, in the middle of what is going on, made to be a part of the "flock" I am afraid if you put this grey where it will not be around the family it will start plucking or some other bad behavior.

actually that's what i did today good thing one of my neighbor in the old building asked me and offered me his place now i'm going to transfer to another flat with people who are broad minded. thanx to all the replies. really, this issue had been troubling me for a week already

Great news! I am so glad you have reconsidered your living plans to accommodate your baby (which you must do above all else)! But, if that balcony in the Middle East is still going spare.......well, it's pretty cold here in the UK - I could do with some warmth myself :laugh:

Keep us updated how things go. :)

I am also glad for you to have found a different arrangement. The heat and sand dust may have been a hardship for your grey. But like the others have mentioned, being put into relative seclusion would have been harder on him than the elements. You would miss him a lot too.