NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Power is out at home... what to do?

Tricky

Well, I'm at school in florida but Jacques my CAG is home in new jersey. There has been so much snow in my town that when the wind picked up yesterday, 4 trees went down. Luckily, no houses were hit, but there is no power and my family has no idea when they will get it back.

My mom said it's about 55 f in the house right now and about 50 outside... with no heat, we're not sure if we should keep him in our house or move him to my parents's friend's house which has power (this friend has babysat him before)

I guess my question is... which is worse... temperatures in the 50's or the stress of moving into a different house for a while? My mom said he is acting normal, still talking, etc.

If it's NJ, you'll more than likely have electricity very soon but it's really up to you about moving him around. Greys can put upon with 55 degree weather if it's temporary. You can put a cover on part of the cage if you're worried.

Only remember that you'll have to go out into lower temperature and moving around may not be good for the bird. On the other hand, maybe your bird won't be bothered. Like I said, it's up to you.

Our power was out for about a day also from that storm. The house got pretty cold but Mikey was okay. Poor baby kept thinking it was night night time all the time because the sun never came up. I think your bird will be okay. Hopefully your power will be back soon also. Good luck and be careful 6 people have been killed by falling trees over the weekend.

We have lost our power several times this winter but we are prepared with two fireplaces and a wood stove, I know not everyone has these but we stayed nice and warm.

I hope your mom gets her power back on soon.

Its also nice to hear from you again Tricky, you haven't been here in a long time, don't stay away so long next time.

thanks judy, i'll try... i'm just so busy now with college life and since i don't see Jacques very often it doesn't occur to me to hang around the forums :whistle:

lucky for us, my dad was able to borrow a generator so Jacques will be able to stay nice and cozy. just for fun, i've attached a picture of what my back yard looks like at the moment...

edit: err... or... i tried...

edit: how about this... 24678_514686552749_88800979_30387999_3828391_n

Post edited by: Tricky, at: 2010/03/16 18:12<br><br>Post edited by: Tricky, at: 2010/03/16 18:14