NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What color is your cage?

gotfaith1989

Most people don't paint their cages. Many larger parrots can chip, crack and sometimes eat the paint and get extremely sick. I'm surprised that since you work in a pet store, no one told you this.

No, greys ( personality) don't get affected by colors. People simply buy different colors so the bird's feather color is obvious.

Josey's cage is a dark green but it doesn't really matter what color it is to the grey I mean, if a cage comes in different colors then select one that you like.

I have to go with the others on the cage painting, it must be done properly and would be cost prohibitive to do so, you are better off just getting a new cage.

As others have indicated. Only a good quality powder coating will be safe for your Parrot and be hard enough that it will not just flake it off easily as it beaks to bars.

If it's is just normal spray paint, it is highly toxic and can lead to severe illness or death.

Normally either a cage in excellent condition with no rust or missing powder coating or a new cage is used for housing any parrot with a powerful beak.