NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Our day!!!

Jayd

;) In the home that the fids graciously lets us share with them, their day begins at 9am due to my (Maggie) work schedule. When Jay gets up, he has to clear his sinuses. This signals the start of a new day. In the living room we have the six large birds and in the bird room, we have the remainder of Spock's flock. From the main room, you can hear six good mornings. You hear one good morning from the other room plus the wonderful chirping of small bird greetings. When he reaches the living room, Jay replies with an individual good morning and scritch for each of the birds (I join in this fun routine on my days off).

The first one that Jay lets out is Joey (the 3 year old rescue) and makes his way to the kitchen to make their morning smash. At this point and time, Joey commences to imitate Jay clearing out his sinuses, sneezing and coughing followed by Tango (our huge 'Too) doing the same thing. Then, Joey starts "tooting" two or three times and Spock starts doing the same...(we did not teach these birds to do this) while Salsa is in the background laughing and Freddy is yelling "Pretty Fred".

About this time, Jay has the water running and Spock and Joey start yelling "Good water" and start imitating the sound of running water. Then Joey and Spock start imitating the sound of the buttons being pushed on the microwave and the door being opened and shut. I call from work at this time to check on Jay and I hear seven "hello"s answer the phone when he answers. If Jay's not fast enough with the food, Joey and Spock do the phone ring and Good Water game until he comes over to feed them...This is in the first half-hour of the day, seven days a week, (except when Spock doesn't feel good and he is quiet)...

Maggie and Jay{Feel-good-0002006E}

---------

;) ;)

......and who takes who drives to the psychiatrist!

I take my hats off entirely to anyone who has more than one - BUT 19!!!! No wonder poor Jay has to clear those sinuses!! The dander in your house must be immense!

The bottom line should have read though.....and they are lucky to have the smashing, wonderful, loving parronts we have. :kiss:

Thank you so much for sharing your day with us - mine is like a walk in the park on a sunny day in comparison :laugh: