NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Peppers first interaction w/another bird

Brittany

other than when she was at the pet store.

My parents just got a 6 month old grey a week or so ago, and we went there for dinner & of course brought Pepper with us. Well Pepper seemed to really like her at first.

She kept regurgitating to the bird, and putting their beaks together which looked like kissing. However, after while Pepper wasn't so sure. She started going after my parents bird in a not so nice way. We separated them.

Pepper was probably just not used to it obviously. Plus she likes being dominate and having all the attention;)

Anywho here's a pic! I bet u can guess which is Pepper

25061_326286423246_532938246_3494319_7189828_n.jpg

& p.s. I started a blog all about Pepper!!! :Phttp://peppersworld.wordpress.com/

This way I can keep track of all our lovely memories. It'll be fun to look back on<br><br>Post edited by: Brittany, at: 2010/02/28 02:19

Yeah Pepper is the one on the left, she obviously has the more agressive personality so of course she tried to throw her weight around the other bird but it looks like it went well, maybe the next time you can keep them on separate perches for safety's sake. They do look good together.

Yeah they didn't spend much time on the same perch. They were so cute together for a little bit ;)

I'm sure within time, the two will become friends. If not, no biggy! IT would be cool for Pepper to have a friend though lol, not sure if she cares about that or not.

Let me know how this goes over time. I have a friend with a grey and we are hoping that after my baby comes home and settles in, they can be friends. Hers is a ten year old female and mine is at 2 month old male. I don't plan to introduce them until he is confident here at my house. But I am hoping that with him being a juvenile, and the opposite sex, that she will tolerate him. I will probably introduce them over at my house since she would probably be less happy about it at her house (the parrot, not my friend, she would be fine either way.)â™ 

Cute photo and description of the first meeting. :-)

The other Grey is a young chick and still a little submissive and looking for a free gurge. :P

They may or may not ever have a friendly relationship and only time and many visits will determine that.

GreYt blog. Thanks for sharing it with us. :-)