NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Body Language - What Is She Trying To Tell Me?

Azzie

Just now, Cleo was sitting on her perch and I was standing next to her. She was leaning forward, had her wings out from her body a fair distance and had dropped them. She making making loud throaty "eh eh eh" noises, and regurgitated for me.

Now I know the 'gurging is a sign of love and affection, but what about the rest of her body language and her noises? Is that all part and parcel of it?

Tobie does that when he's happy to see me. I think it is part of a mating sound too. I don't encourage it, because it seems to get him too excited if I follow that eh, eh, eh sound my own sweet nothings back to him. I usually acknowlege Tobie by speaking to him but then I leave him alone until he calms down.

Alfie has started to get amorous with David - we just distract her with a pretty toy! I wonder how long we'll can do that for !!

It sounds similar to what Cleo is doing - but she's awfly young to be lovey with you. I don't know - I suspect Dave or Dan will be the ones to answer that for you.

Jan, does Toby just do that with you, or all the family?

Yes this is part of the showing affection and mating dance with the dropped wings and noise. She is not too young to be starting with this. I see this with both of ours everyday, they do it to each other. Rangi used to do it to me before we got Kea, but now he does a watered down version for me.