NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Importance of mental stimuli when young

danmcq

After Dave Womach posted a video of Chessie free flying on the forum I started cruising through his little instructional videos and found one on this subject. He recommends introducing your grey to a new object every day starting when they are young so that they loose the fear of new objects and phobic reactions to new things. A little different than your article but in the same theme of stimulating from an early age.

Dan, you just make my day. When my children were born, I read everything I could get my hands on to learn what to do to be a better parent. There was an article in the newspaper offering the services of a social worker to come in an access the home. She came in and took one look around and said this looks more like a preschool than a typical home and left assuring me we were doing better than most. I approached getting a grey with the same sense of research. Every day I wonder, what could I do better and strive for that. The time, interaction, toys and a safe environment really do make a difference. Life has so much to offer that I believe at any age we should try something new every day and not just for our birds, but for our own brains as well.