NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Aloha Everyone!

I am sooooo excited to have found this board! We just brought home our CAG chick (Makena) last week. He will be 3 months old on Tuesday and we couldn't be more in love with him!! My fiance has raised parrots his whole life but this is my first time with one, and his first time with a Grey (he always had macaws).

We live on the island of Maui but we found Makena from a breeder on Oahu. We are still hand feeding him, but supplementing his formula with fruits and dry food to try and wean him off. His favorite fruit so far is papaya which is good as there are plenty of them around here! It is amazing to watch him learn how to do new things, you can see the excitement in his eyes. The day we got him he couldn't even perch and now he is climbing all over the place, sitting on our shoulders and trying to fly. He is also a little chatter. He loves to sit on his perch and ramble on, although he isn't making out any words yet! He loves to cuddle and likes to climb up my chest and sit under my chin and fall asleep. He already thinks he owns the place and loves to run all around and check things out (under plenty of supervision of course)! We love our little guy so much and are very much looking forward to growing old with him :P

I am very happy to have found this site as I am sure I am going to have many questions as time goes on! Mahalo to everyone who contributes to this board!

Makena welcome :) I am happy you found this site as well, because it's nice to have you here B)

Your Makena sounds lovely and quite adorable. I'm sure you're enjoying her a lot!

Aloha, Makena, and welcome to the family, glad you joined and congrats on your new grey. You sound like you have a lovely baby and are busy spoiling it but thats what we do isn't it. Your love for him shows in your post and I couldn't be happier for you.

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have, and we will do our best to get you the answers. I look forward to hearing more about Makena and get us a photo of him if you can, we love photos here, can't you tell!!!

And by the way, you live in paradise, I have visited there 3 times and loved it immensely.:) :) :)

Makena, Hello and Welcome to our family! I can feel the love you have for you grey in your post. What a lucky bird!! You'll love it here, this is the best forum and we really are a family. Anything you need, you'll find right here, or else someone will find it for you.

Looking forward to hearing more, and seeing photo's.

Please post a photo when you can, in the Grey Owner,What Do You Look Like thread! :cheer: :cheer:

Aloha, Makena.. This is a wonderful family of Grey owner and others.. We LOVE new members as we push toward our 2000th member.. If there is anything you need or have questions on please don't hesitate to ask.. You will have more answers in a quicker time then any forum on the planet.. :P :P :P

Aloha Makena

I'm glad you found your baby and your spoiling him.What else can you do they're so sweet.You live where I'm dying to go except I'm afraid to fly.Did it once was petrified.Look forward to hearing from you.Your starting

out right.Spoil spoil spoil!