NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi Everyone!

eve

Hi, just joined!

I live with two African Greys, Tonko who is 6 and Lego who is also six.

Tonka came to me as a baby. I had just put s deposit on a baby Grey at a breeders a few days before, I went shopping for a cage when I met him at a petshop. I felt an instant connection. I did not buy him out of pity or to "save" him, as far as petshops go this one took very good care of their birds and had knowledgeable people doing so. He was six monthes old and such a character. We took to each other right away. I had to call the breeder back and cancel, lost my deposit.

Tonka and I have been inseperable ever since, he has been reading my mind since the day I brought him home. I know that I made the right decision in bringing him home.

He is called Tonka (like the trucks) cause he's small but built tough. Like a little tank... lol

Lego came to us six monthes ago, he is also about six. He came named as Coco (which I was not too fond of) but he kept saying "Le' go" so we called him that. Kinda fits with Tonka :) He was loosing his home because the people had to move into an apartment and he can be loud.

So those are my guys. Can't wait to look around this forum some more, it's GREAT!!<br><br>Post edited by: eve, at: 2007/08/02 05:32

Welcome, Eve, to our family, we are glad you decided to join. You have 2 greys, are they Cags or Tags? It doesn't matter but I was just curious. Sometimes the bird pick us and not the other way around and those turn out the best I think.

Those are cute names, unusual for greys but fitting like you said. Can you post a picture of your greys, we love pictures, we would like to admire your birds also.

Feel free to ask us any questions and we look forward to hearing more about Tonka and Lego.:)

Well, I don't have any pictures on the computer... sorry. And about the names, yeah, silly names for silly birds thats for sure.

I forgot, they are Congos.

Thanks for the welcome!<br><br>Post edited by: eve, at: 2007/08/17 06:11

No I didn't say the names are silly, they aren't, they are cute names, not what you usually hear them called.

If you have a camera, try to take some pictures and post them, if you have looked around on this site you will see photos everywhere, we love to look at pics.