NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Don't you just love...

Elvenking

...the soft body feathers of the greys. I love to just kiss em. Or when you feel the head of your grey tuck into your neck as a request for scratches.

Issac is going for his first morning without a formula feeding, he didn't seem to miss it at all. He was fine with just getting up and playing out of his cage for a while. So we will see how it goes. He has an abundance of pellets, nuts and veggies to choose from. I will still offer him his nighttime feeding until he just plain whacks away the syringe like he does when he is 'done'. :)

If you want...use this thread to tell about the behaviors your grey has that you find truly endearing. IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

Love it when Beau says "bye" to me when I leave the house mornings.

Love the way he fans his tail and says "bobo" when I get in.

Love it when he puts his head down for scritches.

Love it when he steadies himself climbing onto my hand with a gentle beak.

Love it when he follows (flies to) me into the kitchen

Love it when he is eating something he loves and his eyes "pin"

So in short then; I love my Beau ;-)

Yes...Issac loves to follow me to the kitchen. And if he is not paying attention to me when i am going....almost as soon as I run the kitchen sink...he comes flying down. It's always amazing to watch him make his flight.

And oh yes...the gentle beak...there is something in knowing that he could cause you great pain at any moment, and he doesn't.

He's a little love sponge.

It is so sweet how they ask for those head scratches. When Mikey doesn't feel like stepping up he just puts his head down and knows I will give into that little face. It is nice to just hug their bodies and have their soft feathers next to you. You have a beautiful little baby. Good luck with him.

I also love the soft feathers. There are these feathers just at the back of legs where they meet the body and I love touching them they are so cute as they are soft and a bit longer than the other feathers.

I also can't resist running my fingers through the chest feathers. Many times I sit there watching them and I am just amazed at the feathers, they are incredible.

Oh my goodness, Thier are so many things I love, But I totally know what you mean about the gentle beak. Calypso will just play with my hands and fingers with her beak, She tounges and nibbles but your right just knowing how much pain they could inflict just makes you feel endeared to them, it is like you totally trust each other. {Feel-good-000200B9}

Lol....this thread makes me giggle with delight. Everyone talking about feeling their fuzzy lil birds. Feeling those soft downy feathers seems to be up there, and neck scratches.

I laughed pretty good when someone said that when you go to give the up command and they duck their head in front of your hand for a scratch.....cannot refuse....I simply cannot. ;)

I wouldnt know where to start to say what i love about mine! All 3 are totally different but equally lovable in their own ways. I bought some more toys today, spent ages choosing them. They all have one each and i know exactly who will choose which toy. Bellino likes the chew toys, Bella loves anything that has a noise and Chocko loves shredding.

I love the way Chocko always shouts "what" when im talking to someone and laughing with us. She also shouts "OY" when she feels shes being ignored.

Lol...cute. Issac seems to like random toys, but he seems to take a liking to soft things he can rip apart or sink his beak into. The funniest thing...is that with some of his favorite toys. He will see em.....run over to them...raise up...flap his wings and dance around them making this "Raaawwwkkk Raaawwwwk" sound. Or he gets excited and does little 'nose puffs' where he honks air through his nostrils in excitement. God I love this bird.

I also love the way Bella sits looking up at me on my chest when were having our cuddly time, Bellino doing his showing off by hanging upside down, folding his head right over his back so hes like a little ball and swinging from side to side. Also Chockos reaction when she gets told off, she looks up suddenly, sings a line of her favourite song, blows a raspberry at me and then goes back to doing what she was being told off for. :unsure:

Yes it is so cute when the drink and you can hear their little tongues LOL

It's rare for me to see anything cute about Argyle (cos he's a little :evil: ) but he does have the odd good day. One day last week he came out and sat on my arm for about an hour and he was tasting my hand all over with his tongue, bear in mind this is a small bird so tiny tongue, it was soooo cute and it was the point that I realised he had turned a corner.

BTW JD, karma going your way for the lovely pictures, they perfectly show just how cute your grey is and the clarity - amazing!<br><br>Post edited by: Joolesgreyuk, at: 2010/02/20 11:49

Shaka zulu always makes this noise when I give him some fresh pellets or fresh veggies/fruits. It is kind of a coo I guess. I wish I could describe it. It's like oooooooohhhhaahhh. It's so adorable. He also sometimes says hmmmmmmm when you are talking to him and he is listening. It is so adorable. When I am talking to him he just cocks his head from side to side and listens. He always offers me kisses and rubs his beak al over my hand. Even though he has bitten my lip twice in the past when he was in a mood, I always still kiss him on the top of the beak when he offers kisses. I just can't tell him no!

Ohh my...I can;t wait till my little boy talks...I see him trying. It super sweet. I will say something, and then he will make high and low pitched noises as if to try to figure out how to match the pitches. I love him.

Thank you all for sharing your bird-sweet moments. :) Reading this thread makes me smile.