Uncertain about Greys

RobertsKitty

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thankies judy! One quick question. Lets say you have your Grey on a general schedule of when feeding and play time and the like and for whatever reason your schedule changes entirely(new job shift exc) whats the best way to change your Grey's routine with the least amount of stress?

Good question.

Dayo will be in shock when I go back to work this coming Monday. I have been on vacation for 2 weeks and home with him the entire time.

I have been greatly extending his cage time though for the last 3 days and will continue to do so through the weekend. I am wondering though, how not seeing me around while he is in his cage all day will affect him.

Well I know when I got Red I had planned a vacation long before I was getting her, so I prepped by having my mom come over everyday to check on her, like she would be while I was gone. I alsotalked to her about it, cheesy as it sounds, and let her know that I was going to be gone and that Grama would be taking care of her. If it's more of a permanent thing like a job shift change, I would try a couple weeks in advance waking up earlier or later, adjusting YOUR schedule ahead of time to let him/her out at the "new" time they will be coming out, and also the "new" times they will be getting food etc. Honestly my schedule doesn't change, and I'm sure it's weird for them to see me home all day on the weekends, parrots are fairly resilient though, or maybe it's just mine who knows, but a slight change of plans has never been a problem at my house!

They have no choice, especially Dayo. Since I am going back to work next week and he will be home alone for 9 hours a Day. ;)

I feel sorry for Kim when she gets home, Dayo will be bouncing off the walls for attention ... :woohoo:

Hi everyone B)

Looking at this thread "Uncertain about Greys" it seems that a lot of valuable information has been exchanged here. However, the thread really wanders around a lot and would be quite difficult for current/future members to search through and find information. In the effort of site maintenance and attempt to provide/retain posts that will be reasonbalby simple for future users to search, I am locking this thread. Everyone is enouraged to post new threads on topics as they come up. I hope no one takes this the wrong way...as indicated there is a ton of good discussions going on here, I just want to encourage breaking them out into other threads more specific to the topics of discussion. B) Thanks everyone. :) Please PM me if you feel additional discussion is warranted.