NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

mojo's first vid

bigbird519

Mojo is an adorable baby. I love my Dorian just the way he is, but I do wish he'd had the great start in life that you are giving Mojo. Keeping him flighted, having the chance to socialize him, getting him used to harness training, towelling, pedicures, bathes, all the things you can start with Mojo while he's a baby, will make him a greyt companion for life.

A hint on training. If he's biting your wife now's the best time to stop that behaviour. What he wants from his flock more than anything else, more than even his cuttle bone, is attention. As soon as he bites, say 'no bite' with a sad face and voice and put him in a time out, turn your back on him, don't respond. Just for a short time, maybe 30 seconds, because he's just a baby. Then go back to acting as if nothing happened. If you do this every single time he bites, he'll get the message very quickly. He may always favour one of you over the other because greys do often pick one person as their favourite, but the goal is for both of you to be able to handle him without fear.

Have fun with your baby. Mojo, you lucked out when you found your parronts:)

Acappella wrote:

A hint on training. If he's biting your wife now's the best time to stop that behaviour. What he wants from his flock more than anything else, more than even his cuttle bone, is attention. As soon as he bites, say 'no bite' with a sad face and voice and put him in a time out, turn your back on him, don't respond. Just for a short time, maybe 30 seconds, because he's just a baby. Then go back to acting as if nothing happened. If you do this every single time he bites, he'll get the message very quickly. He may always favour one of you over the other because greys do often pick one person as their favourite, but the goal is for both of you to be able to handle him without fear.

:)

thank you sooo much for the advice on biting! i have searched high and low for info on the subject. you got karma for the great advice!