NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Eating my words on Aloe Vera Juice

Xtreme575

So a few weeks ago I posted a response where I stated that I didn`t know if I was seeing any benefit to spraying my parrot with Aloe Vera juice, something that I have been doing on the advice written over and over on this forum, since getting him in the fall.

Anyway, last week I noticed that he was preening and preening, and scratching, all way more than usual. Not knowing what else to do I gave him a good soaking with aloe vera and put him back on his cage. Low and behold, the scratching stopped and he was obviously much more comfortable. Yes, he tends to be a bit more quiet when he is wet, but it didn`t take him long to dry off and he was just much more ```settled`` than he had been prior to the aloe. Later that night, I noticed a large, and perfect grey feather on the floor, as well as a couple other smaller greys - I`m obviously in a molting house still, I thought it was over.

So, why would I ever question the advice given by our fellow members, again, you all are bang on - so I will eat my words and admit, aloe vera juice is fantastic!!!

It is great ~ the difference is immense (as you have seen). Harvey is going through a massive feather fest at the moment and his pins are hard and spiky - a quick dowsing with aloe and it settles him - I think it's helping open them up too.

Perhaps you will now read about the benefits to human digestion system and start partaking yourself :sick: