NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Our emotions could be hurting Spock!!!

Spock

:( We'll. we were informed that our emotions could be hindering Spock, our tears and sadness could be effecting him and help keeping him stressed!!!Grey's are empathetical and absorb our emotions like a sponge...How do you keep from crying when you know he hurts? or when he comes to you and kisses you on the nose or won't eat? We're going to have to go into another room till our emotions pass...He's still asleep, I hope today is better...Jay and Maggie

I have heard that too Jay and you two will have to be strong to put on a happy face when inside you are so sad and want to cry but if this helps then please find a way to make it happen for Spock's sake, I know you two have big hearts but sometimes we have to hold it in for another's sake.

I will send some good vibes out to you two to be strong in light of how things are at the moment, hang in there for better days are a comin.

They are definitely empathic.

But, I am not certain they would not appreciate the feeling and emotion of empathy. They display it themselves and "Hurt" with us when we are sad or sick.

Example: I have been suffering from an excruciatingly painful bout with sciatica running form my hip to toes. I i have never had such debilitating pain in my life. Dealing with sever pain and trying to get insurance approvals for everything is a very trying event. Then to top it off, I had an MRI scheduled for 730am Tuesday morning...they called at 7:05 and informed the system had gone down and it would take 2 weeks to get the part and the system back online. Ive been working from home for 3 weeks due to this and to be honest the owner is getting upset with me. I MUST go to work this coming Monday come hell or high water and will.

Well this MRI issue pushed me to tears of frustration and anxiety. As I sobbed, Dayo flew to my shoulder, gently leans over touched my cheeked and licked a tear from my face. He then nestled his head against my cheek and sat quietly.

His empathy amazed me and also brought me quickly out of the little "Helplessness" bout I was feeling.

So, it is my opinion that having empathy for them when they are down is appreciated.

The good news is I finally got "Approval" from the insurance "Gods" at another imaging center and had it done yesterday afternoon.<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2010/02/06 17:11

Jay and Maggie, I understand exactly what you are saying. I worried so much about Beau chewing on his feathers when I would put him back into his cage. I would hate the point of having to leave him, I just knew I would come back and find more feathers chewed off his wing and more feathers removed from his back and chest. I was given some very good advice from a very trusted friend; and that was to "live in the moment." It wasn't easy, and I had to hide my fears, but I learned to accept what I had at that very moment, and that was my baby, unhealthy as he was, still loving me. I took that moment and held it dear to my heart, and when I put him back, I assured myself when I came back he would be the same. Eventually that is exactly what I got. We have new feathers, they aren't being chewed and a healthy baby now. Spock knows you are fearful for him, he appreciates the empathy you are feeling, but he may also feel the apprehension you have for his health. Live in the moment, don't let one slip away, hold those close to your heart and know that your family here on the forums is here for you. Let us do your crying and fretting, and you enjoy being with Spock.

Robin

Thank you everyone! Dan, it is our turn to say prayers for you!!! We certainly hope everything turns out okay for you and we will keep you in our prayers.

Spock here...(they are watching me like a hawk because they had to get a new keyboard...they said it was too hard trying to press down on metal when they typed. I never had any problems!) Dan, I'm trying to mind-meld but my wings won't stretch that far and Jay and Maggie says airfare is too expensive for me to fly...and I KNOW they are coming with that sticky pin any time now so just get better...

Spock

Live Long and Prosper

(Oh..) and Jay and Maggie