NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

1ST Time Owner From KC

A couple months ago, my wife and I let our debate over getting a dog come to a head. She had stated several times she wanted to get a parrot.

SO I finally took her up on it. I went to pet stores and searched classified ads. I almost bought a 20 yr old African Grey and just after I left the owner called and said he was sold. So I went home and checked the classified ads and called a breeder from Raytown Missouri.

Sure enough they had one left and we went to their home and I picked up the newly weened African Grey. It was a neat experience and my wife came up with the name of Pedro. We stuck with it and took him home that night.

We got him a big cage and then I read tons of info on how to care for him and he has turned out to be a wonderful addition to our home.

He is 5 days short of being 5 months old and he is copying whisltes (Trying to on some) and we talk to him in hopes that someday he will talk back.

He really takes well to me and two of my boys. He gets angry at my wife sometimes, especially when on my shoulder, but all in all I am extremely glad we got him (or her, I'll take to the vet in a couple weeks).

Welocme to the family, Darin, and congrats on your new grey. You are finding out what we already know, they are a joy to have, you made a wise choice.

A vet visit is in order to rule out any physical problems, but it sounds like all is well. Glad you joined our happy family of grey owners and I look forward to hearing more about Pedro and get us a photo of him/her if you can, we love them.:)

Hi Darin,

Thanks for posting your introduction here :-)

You and your wife certainly made the right decision in getting a CAG!

It sounds like you are already enjoying him immensely.

We love to see photo's here, so when you get a chance maybe you could post some :woohoo:

Hi Darin, and Welcome to our family. I'm very happy to hear things are going so well for you. I look forward to hearing more and seeing photo's! 5 months is early to talk, so don't worry, Pedro will talk, I'm sure of it!

Any questions, feel free to ask. Any stories to share, Please do, we love them!!:cheer: :cheer: