NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is Birdie Happy?

angiepi

This is Igor's (1 1/2 yr old CAG) first full week here with our family, she seems to be settling in fine, she looks forward to my husband coming home and sitting by his side at the computer after work, I've been reading up on rehoming, and behaviors, but Igor seems content, spends most of her day playing on her gym, not really much squaking, she chimes in every once in a while with several, Birdie songs that I think she may have picked up from Cockatoos, and others, starting to really play with toys and trying to explore, If she wasn't happy, or upset, I would know, Would there be tell signs? Guess I am just a little paranoid, I feel like a first time parent that has started reading all the baby books, and has found out that she knows nothing :blink:!

angie

she sounds like a very happy bird. and has settled down very quickly compared to some greys.

things i would be worried about would be feather plucking and sitting in her cage all day doing and saying nothing. and mabe not eating as normal.

that would be the things i'd look out for but my the sounds of it your not going to have those problems as long as you keep doing what you doing.

So far, so good for Igor. The progress you are making is remarkable. I think any new home situation either for a baby or a bird a little older is quiet at first as the bird contemplates the "lay of the land" in a new place, with new people and other new animals. I like how some people refer to this as the honeymoon period. It will not be long before she starts getting really comfortable and her personality shines. She sounds like she is well adjusted and is already adapting to being a member of your family. What a happy time for all of you.

Hi Angie,

Igor sounds as if she's doing fine to me. I think an unhappy bird will make itself known to you beyond any doubts!

You are right though, all the books and reading in the world can't prepare you for real life with a grey! They're awesome.

Keep us updated on how she settles in.

Lyn & Alfie.

x