NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A pet for your grey

celticdance

Beau loves to spend time with Blue and Bean, but he's the submissive of the three. Blue and Bean are partners in crime so they are equally indignant. Dixie cares only for my hubby. I guess he's her pet...lol. That's a new one - especially since Grey's are so independent.

Robin

Many parrots become friends with other species. As a matter of fact, many times it's easier for one species to hook up with another kind as opposed to hooking up with the same kind. Each parrot ( ex--greys) knows eavh other's personality and temperment and ways of thinking so many times, jealousy occurs.

I have been wondering about getting a friend for my 1½ old grey. My older ekkie is not too fond of her and so I have been thinking of getting a parrotlet or other small size parrot for her to hang with. Thanks for this post Celticdance! I love the video you shared Jan, thanks!

I must say it's been on my mind - not for right now, but perhaps in the future sometime.

Thanks for starting the thread celticdance, it could certainly throw open an interesting debate or two - Jans video (Thanks for sharing Jan) certainly backs up the theory of cross species buddies!

• 1 month later...

I'm jealous, too! Maxi (timneh) and Tanner (severe macaw) are more like Dan's pair - screaming chase buddies! Although I think Tanner would really like to be friends with Max, she's not having it, and these days she has the poor guy (who is half again her size) totally terrorized. I think they actually do keep each other company from a distance, and I can have them out at the same time now that Tanner has learned not to go visiting on Max's cage. But no cuddles between these two!

There is hope that our red-bellied parrot may get along with Kopi, so far there is no aggression, but being friends is a long way off and I don't expect it. The video of Nino was precious, I almost didn't see the little budgie. Beau and Blue are just heartwarming together.