NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Baby question

dw310

You will love the goodbirdinc videos. I just ordered the one on vet visits. I have the other two. I have trained dogs for years and Barbara really puts things succinctly and makes them easy to understand. I haven't seen the other ones but have heard that other link isn't worth looking at. I have actually heard things that imply they are to be avoided.

Another option, although it may seem far-fetched, you could consider moving to a more bird-friendly home...

I got my parrot clipped, not my choice, in any event, I recognize that my house isn't going to be as fly-friendly as I would like, so I'm going to list and move after I finish university this summer.

I'm willing to do whatever I need to do to help give my bird the best life I can. I took on the responsibility of Paco, like having children, sometimes the responsibility will require sacrifices on my part.

Thanks again. I actually think my house is great for a bird. I have a cathedral ceiling and the highest beam is 2 stories up. If I were a bird, I would love that. I don't mind that he goes up there, I just minded when he wouldn't come down/ stayed up there for 2 hours. But I think that is mainly a training issue. So we will work on that. Fortunately, the lure of a grape is effective, at least for the past few days!

I echo everyone's sentiment on Good Bird Inc. If you check on my prior posts, you will find that I had excellent experiences with them. I can't say enough positive about Barbara and her methods, nor with the treatment that I received from Good Bird Inc! I'm a lifetime fan/customer. Although I'm not really interested in having a "trick bird", Paco LOVES doing the tricks that Barbara taught me, and really seems to get a lot of out if it. You will definately do well from seeing Barbara's methods!

Good luck! It does sound like you are being a great parront!

Morgan is trying to talk in phrases!!!! About 2 weeks ago, I couldn't tell if he was saying "Morgan" or "morning." A couple of days later, he started clearly saying "Morgan." Now he's "speaking" in phrases. I have no idea what he's saying, but it's definitely not his coos, clucks, or whistles, but some kind of syllabic babble. It is SOOOO cute!!!! Just had to share. Kinda like a baby's first steps!

I got the Goodbird Inc videos, and they really are very helpful!! Thanks for the advise.