NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Updates on Yoshi

jessdecutie18

Yoshi has been doing better with the screaming... for a little over a week she decided she was going to yell and yell every time she wasn't on my body, but I think Monday she started to realise that this just isn't going to work. I talk to her but I do not go get her while she is screaming... and it seems to be working. I tell her "When you are done being loud, I'll come get you!" and keep going about my business...

Well, the screaming definatly hasn't stopped, but it has gotten better daily it seems :)

She still hadn't been playing with her toys though, and yesterday while shopping I bought her yet another one, a colorful shredder as I know how much she likes shredders... and the weirdest thing... she didn't seem afraid of it at all, but then she is usually fine with new things in her cage because I change things up for her all the time. She glared at it for a moment, waddled over to pull a strand or two off of it... and then totally IGNORED it for the rest of the night and played with two other toys she barely usually touches that I had considered taking out...

The introduction of a new toy made her want to play with her old toys? I can't make sense out of that but oh well, I'm happy :P

It's great to hear your methodology of dealing with the screaming is working. :-)

The introduction of the new toy is interesting. She is probably playing with the older toys and watching to see if the new toy is going to react to it. :P

Greys are very strange in their behavior when it comes to new toys, tree stands etc. in comparison to other parrots that will just jump right on them.

I see this same behavior in Dayo.