NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Please Urgent advice needed

pepsico

Advice needed..

Our CAG was on his cage, when my cell rang. It was about to run out of power, so I went and charged it in the other room, When I came back to the room I found our parrot on our kitchen chair chipping off pieces..

I am concerned for him. Should I seek help? He seems to be fine, but I worry about metal / lead poisoning.

I don't know if he "ate" any of it

Hopefully I am overreacting.<br><br>Post edited by: pepsico, at: 2010/01/27 02:43

If you want to put your mind to rest, then you should ask an avian vet.

From the look of the chair I would not say that you are over-reacting.

I remember reading in another post in the Health Forum that a mixture of peanut butter and iron-free oatmeal is recommended by some vets as it helps in binding together any metal content and passing them out of his system.

This is only something that I read on this forum and I am posting it only because while you watch for any signs of sickness, it may not be a bad idea to feed some of that mixture. I am sure it will not do any harm. The only person whose advice you should seek and act upon is your avian vet.

UPDATE

Well, I called and checked with a vet and they said just to keep an eye on him. If he has any symptoms to get him in. It has been almost 2 days now, and he is fine. So I am hoping he stays good. I will keep a close eye on him still.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I was worried about the little guy.

Figured I would post a couple pictures of the littly bugger.

Just took these about 5 minutes ago.

Compliments of Rocky

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9742/img2732small.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/i/img2723small.jpg/

EDIT: I can't understand posting pictures to this site. So here are the links.<br><br>Post edited by: pepsico, at: 2010/01/29 01:04