NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Longest phrase?

Guest WyrdOne

Guest WyrdOne

My 6 year-old Congo Gray knows about 40 phrases. I've often wondered how long a phrase he'd be capable of repeating. What's the longest phrase any of you have managed to teach your Gray? Cosmo's longest to date: "Jesse Ventura is my kinda guy!" His latest: "Cosmo for president!

Guest MorningDove16

My TAG was wild caught, too. And, like yours, doesn't 'talk' much, but will copy any and every sound she hears around the house. She does say "What are you doing?" with three different tones of voice, sounding more intense until you answer her. She also says "OK Pepe", and calls the dog "C'mon" when you clap your hands. Her longest 'phrase' is her goodbye song. It's three bird calls, three goose honks, another whistle, and a modified cukoo clock. I have no idea where she heard all that, but she's been saying goodbye like that for at least

5 years now.

Tuko is a little over 4 yrs old. His longest phase to date is; Twinkle, twinkle twittle star, how I wonder what you are. He speaks in English,

Spanish and one phase in Dutch.You can hear some of the things he has to say by visiting the vocabulary page on his web site :)

Guest goose

My CAG can say bad bird bad bird what you gonna do what you gonna do. It is so cute because when he goes into the what you gonna do, its in a deeper voice. The other part we added was when papa comes for you. Can't wait till he says it all.

Guest WyrdOne

Cosmo's phrases (all clear as a bell):

Cosmo baby

Good to see ya

See ya later

I'm a noisy bird

Where you going?

What're you doing?

How you doing?

You're a good boy

Don't quit your day job

What're you talkin' about?

Ouch!

Jesse Ventura's my kinda guy

I'm gonna put you to bed

Everything OK?

Everything OK out there?

You're a nut

Ohhhh, that feels good!

Hi, guy!

Is there an echo in here?

Right full rudder!

All ahead flank!

Come right to zero nine zero

Helloooo?!

I have a brain

No soup for you!

Let's get some air in here, huh?!

I want some blueberries

Want fries with that?

Ohhhhh, shit! (in very resigned tone)

Is your whole family like this?

Who was that masked man?

You're a piece of work!

Aflack!! (says it better than the duck!)

Don't go there

Knock yourself out

Yada, yada, yada

You have the right to remain silent

Permission granted

Cosmo for president!

Guest CreepingTerror2

Dusty has a huge vocabulary, with lots of phrases. I think her longest are" two, two is four. You're so smart." and " Jingle, jingle, jingle all theway.

One horse open sleigh, hey! Ho, Ho, Ho." She also yells at the dogs, calling them all by name and saying " go on, go on, don't you want outside?" She says this when I open the door to let them out.

Guest popsickle

hi bob , about phrases , my leo , 4 years old says phrases of 8 or 9 w0rds. I teach him a lot , I gave speechlessons , so my articulation is good. and I am alone , so he does not hear other voices.

on friday , my daughter comes to eat a tosti. "who is coming ? liesbeth comes to eat tosti , oh leo!liesbeth , do you have a lekkere tosti for leo?

"

"there she comes (all in dutch of course)coffee and lekkere cook..." when vrouwtje (thats me) is going to run errands , leo cannot hoera (on top of his cage)no , no ,no ,when she comes back leo may hoera! "I can really have a conversation with him. I love him so much. and still.....when I offer him something he snaps at my fingers, is that playing???

I can take him on my lap,like that better than on my shoulder ,can control him better (my ear...)but I cannot say that I can do everything with him.but

I read in the group , that parrots have their moods...so , then you have to leave them and do not touch.

when he snaps like that I am sometimes disappointed , because I never really punish him.I also learned in this group that it does not work when you punish a grey.

I should like to hear reactions , greetings from holland , regine van den broek