NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I learned something tonight

Joolesgreyuk

Oh Jesus! How scary!!

I am certainly glad that peck did not damage your eye.

Dayo once pecked really hard at my eye. Fortunately, I had glasses on at the time. That was a long time ago and he calmed down since then. Well, other than the occasional welt in the middle back of the neck after taking something from him he claimed as his own.... :pinch:

I don't know what it is Jude, the parrots in this house seem to view me as a punch bag.

Well this morning my eye is slightly sore, no swelling which tbh I expected. I couldn't see any damage at all until I closed the affected eye, I have a very definate bite mark on the lid. I guess I must have blinked in the millisecond it took for Beau to reach his target. This time I was lucky, it could have been so much worse.

The moral of this story? As Judy says "never say never," You can never 100% trust a parrot!

Julie - Glad to here it was just a flesh wound and not serious eye damage.

They are unpredictable at times. Especially if they want your attention and your focused on something else, like typing in this forum. :-)

Mine also have what I call "Crazy Time". Don't know how else to explain other than like a young child that just goes bonkers with energy running all over the house like a mad man. When Dayo gets like that, I don't let him stay on my shoulder at all. I know I can't trust him and neither can kim at those times.