NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Yellow Shouldered Amazon

JillyBeanz

I was chatting about Amazons with my husband yesterday and he reminded me that when we were on holiday in 2004 we had see some "Amazons" in the wild. There were two who regularly flew into the hotel to feed - and they sat around the trees for most of the day - the staff fed them veggies and fruit each day.

It's taken me a while to find out what type they were - but by denomination I've found out they are Yellow Shouldered Amazons.

I must add - they sat in the trees, whilst the biggest iguanas I have seen in my life roamed around the pool area!

I'm going to try and dig some photos out - they must be archived on CD somewhere!

I've let you down! I've found the pictures of the macaws (they came regularly too) and the iguanas - but can't find the photos of the Amazons :(

Yes! That's one of them Jay! They were beautiful!! Renate - it was Margarita Island, off the North coast of Venezeula.<br><br>Post edited by: JillyBeanz, at: 2010/01/18 21:17

Ah, thanks Jay - I've seen them - I promise! Anyway Jay - that picture you've posted is about the same standard as my holiday snaps - so, you've done me a favour really :laugh: :laugh:

They all used to fly in each and every day - it was glorious to see. The macaws and the zons often sharing the same area to eat - and these were wild birds. :)