NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Interesting Grey Behavior. Sum1 know what it means

Moobu

Today I set Linus on the floor so he could roam around and check things out like he usually does and he started acting very awkward. He walked up to a stack of pillows, put his beak to the floor, and started scratching right in front of the pillows on the floor with 1 foot. He sat there and did this for a good 5-10 minutes until he waddled out to the kitchen and did the exact same thing in front of the dishwasher. He just sat there and scratched and scratched with one foot. I'm not 100% sure if there is any significance with this behavior but I thought I would share. I shot a little bit of video of him doing it if anybody would like to take a look.

Pongo has "started" doing this as well in the last week in the corner of the cage in the back. But, as far as I can tell it is to get at the two wires on the grate that have popped their welds. Don't worry the grate is being replaced thanks to Prevue Cages!

Whisper will do this if she is on the floor for any length of time. I believe it is instinctive foraging behavior as greys in the wild forage on the ground. remember that they are only a couple of generations removed from the wild and have all their instincts still intact.