NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

need some advice

adelt

hello all, we got a new CAG after we lost coco, we named the new one sugar. i would like some help please? he is nearly 2 years old, seems to like females, my wife, my 3 years old girl and the maid, i do serve the treats but he don't like me at all, he is shaky with all of us but with me he is on his edge, he didn't take any treats in the first 2 days but he started to, he takes them while he is as far as possible, no growling when any one approach him except me if i stay in front of his cage for a while. there is some thing strange about him i don't know. he seems brave, when i placed a toy in his cage he started playing in a few minutes, coco didn't touch any toy that didn't approach him step by step every day, he is not a biter, he grabbed my finger couple of times by his beak but didn't hurt me. so i don't know what to do with him, i mean aggressive parrot is some thing and a fearful parrot is some thing else, i am worried that if i kept a distance from him he will keep acting towards me like that, or keep approaching him and offer treats may be pushing him i don't know. one other thing, when the kids go to bed i move him to the kitchen at about 9 as i stay late in the living room where he spends the day so he can sleep longer plus the kitchen is warmer, do you think he consider this as a punishment or some thing?

Hi Adelt.

Sorry to hear you're having a spot of trouble with Sugar. You don't mention how long he's been with you? It may take some while before he settles in with you, so just give him time.

When you move him to the kitchen, do you move his whole cage? Or do you move him into a seperate cage? Either way, it may be upetting to him not being able to settle in "His spot"

Some of the other members are sure to chip in with some good advise for you.

Good luck with him.