NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello everyone...

Tomcat

Hello All,

After three or four years keeping Budgies,i finally decided to research more and get a proper parrot!

I have always admired African Greys, and decided to look into keeping them.

I have now had Ollie, my Congo African Grey for 2 Days, and he is AMAZING! He is just under a year old, and is starting to talk. He can say hello, and what i think is I Love You.

He makes the most amazing sound, which is like when someone pushing their finger against their cheek, and it 'pops'

Thanks all, Tom.

Hi Tom ~ Glad you took the leap and got yourself a grey! You will find all the information you need to keep Ollie safe and sound and feed him the right things and find threads telling you to not do this, and not use that! It's a change in lifestyle!!

I look forward to hearing more about you both! Once again, welcome!

Hi Tom and welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on your first grey, they are awesome aren't they! You sound like you love him to bits already!

Lol - Alfie "pops" too, not too sure what it means though, but I think it's a happy little sound.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and about Ollie, and maybe some pics too?

Glad to have you here.

Lyn & Alfie.

Hello Tom and welcome to our family, we are so glad to hear you made the leap to owning a grey, aren't they the most awesome creatures.

Be sure to read thru the many threads here for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

I look forward to seeing some pictures of Ollie when you get the chance.

Hello and welcome to our Grey world...Rustina has owned me for 13 years now and she continues to amaze me with her cognitive abilities and her sensitivity to my emotions...so if I am in a total state of panic and anxiety...I know she is not going to co-operate and that I must take a serious chill pill if I want her to...there is much to learn from your Grey...it has only begun....{Feel-good-000200A2}

• 2 weeks later...