NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dayo - Week 13

danmcq

Saturday, as usual, we went to the breeders to pick Dayo up for a few hours of fun at our house. He was hanging on the front of the Cage when we got inside and the minute the Breeder opened the door He came flying to us.

He went into his carrier no problem and when we got to our house, he couldn't wait to get out.

So, for the next 8 hours here, he ate pretty well, drank water and constantly wanted to be on or with one of us at all times. He seems to like Kim a little more than me. :angry:

I took down My Furby (yeah I've had it for years, it's fun) and sat it in front of Dayo. He was on that Furby instantly as if it was and old friend. As you know, Furbies have pressure points and sensors everywhere and as Dayo pushed, pulled or bit them, the Furby would make all types of sounds and talk.

After 15 minutes of that, I decided to put Furby up , because I got jealous...I mean, I wanted to get Dayo going on some other new experiences with toys, cage, food etc. ;)

We had to go to a birthday party for 2 hours, so I placed Dayo in his cage, fighting, kicking and protesting all the way. No bites, but he did NOT want to go in the Cage.

When we got home, he of course looked like a Monkey climbing all over the Cage in anticipation of us letting him out which of course we did.

Kim had to go to the store for a few minutes and when she got back, Dayo took off running after her into the Kitchen, Mommy..Mommy.....Leaving me like chopped Liver :S

So, we had a great time as did Dayo. We placed him in his carrier no problem.

We get to the Breeders, open the carrier to let Dayo out and he would not come out. He ran to the back and started trying to dig under the Carpet. I finally had to just get him with both hands and bring him out gently.

The breeder, after a few minutes went to put him back in the cage and he jumped off her arm and flew across the room to me and landed on my Head :P

So, I played with him a minute, then passed him back to the breeder, which this time, had a firm grip on his toes as he flapped furiously to get free once again.

So, it was a great time and we can't wait until next Saturday to finally bring him Home for good :woohoo:

Dayo_Play_Chain_500x435.JPG

Dayo_Play_Chain_500x435.JPG

And I know that made you feel like the luckiest man on the face of the earth, he did not want to go back to the breeders, he knows who loves him, thats so sweet. But next Saturday he will be able to come home for good and you will be happy as a clam. Glad things went so well for you and Kim with Dayo.

Thanks Judy and Tricky.

Yes, I think Dayo is as ready to come home, as we are to have him here :woohoo:

One more Pic from yesterday:

Dayo - Checking out Cage and Home....

Reduced_500_2007_0728African_Congo0005.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/30 01:15

Reduced_500_2007_0728African_Congo0005.JPG

It was just so cute when Dayo came running after me when I returned form my errand. I was very surprised, and of course, I dropped all my things to greet him right back an enthusiastically as he greeted me. It was a very nice feeling.

I miss him.

Kim

{Feel-bad-0002006A}

Well don't cry about it, he will be home for good by the end of the week and then you will have him all the time, just wipe the tears from Dan's eyes for he must be the one crying after seeing Dayo's response to you upon returning from an errand. Poor thing.:(

Thats fun to hear he's coming home for visits. Fully flighted too! Brave people you are. :ohmy: If Mirek was not clipped my.. um everything would be chewed and destroyed!

They sure are full of energy at this age arent they. Little acrobats climbing everywhere and making crazy noises all the time. I also don't have a clue where all that food goes.. or wait, the cage bottom, in one form or another.. lol:lol:

There is no doubt where all that food goes, just look at your shirt, the bottom of the cage, the floor, the walls, I think you get the picture. But it is so much fun isn't it, living with a grey and enjoying life with them, makes it all worth it.:silly: :silly: :silly:

Guest Lidia

Kim, Dan, he's an absolute beauty, and by the sound of it likes you both (at least he's not been influenced by "Killer").

If he was in the cage when you went out to the party, it means he's already had his first dose of being alone, so you've already got that out of the way!

It's going to be great fun in your house when he comes home for good.

{Feel-good-00020114}

HA! Ice - I almost didn't post that Dayo Liked the Furby.

Now I am glad I did :laugh:

It seems baby or young Grey's like them. It might freak out a more mature Grey, thats not used to having a Toy move, make noises and Talk.:woohoo:

Thanks Lidia :-)

Yes, Killer is the only one like that. I was reviewing photos of the weekly shoots I did on visits and noticed that "Killer" was always standing back away from the rest of the Clutch, just watching them all romp around, play with toys and try pieces of fruit.

Everytime we visit, he is standing in the back of the cage, just watching while the others all run to the front for attention.

It is my opinion, that this Grey should be used as a breeder, not for sale to a new home. I think the Breeder is with me on that same thought.

Yes, let the fun begin!!! :woohoo: