NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi From Oregon

Good Afternoon every one,

My name is Diane and have a female timneh African gray. Her name is AJ. She is approximately 40 years old. She was a breeder bird and she lost her mate. I fell in love with here and gave her a new home. She loves to talk, sing songs, and just copy odd sounds. I have a question about her. She has been very vocal lately. Not her norm. Could it be because she is lonely? I know of someone that has a male Timneh that is less then 2 years old. Do you think she will take him as a mate? I don’t have any planes of breading but if it happens cool. I just don’t want her to be lonely.

Thank you

Diane

As a mate? I doubt it. She's much too old to mate. As a friend? Possibly but the other bird you're talking about couldn't mate anyway. He's much too young. Your bird may be good with you but putting another bird in with her may cause her to inflict serious damage. Separate cages is the best way to go. That will provide her with company. Because she's vocal doesn't necessarily mean that she's lonely. It may mean that she's just making sounds that she never did while being with another bird in the same cage.

That’s what I was afraid of happening. When I said mate I was kind of thinking boyfriend like lol, or cage mate. I don’t know how to put it in bird terms. LOL It would be cool if they bread but I think she is to old and it may stress her out. I don’t want to put her though undo stress. She spent her life giving babies I want her to spend the rest of her life being loved. :kiss: I also have a yellow fronted Amazon that is directly next to her called Joe. He just loves her and wants to be with her but she only tolerates short out of cage play time with him then she says get a way from me. LOL