NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What should I do???

JungleDreamz

Hi all! Hope everyone and thier fids are doing well...

Ok, So here is my question, I am attatching a couple pics of Calypso, Her feather has been this way for about a MONTH now! I keep thinking she will fix it on her own, And she keeps picking at it, But to no avail, It just stays this way, She acts like it kinda bugs her, What should I do? Anything? Or just leave it???

130.jpg

132.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: JungleDreamz, at: 2010/01/14 17:16

It appears to be bent or broken above the embedded portion. She will eventually shed it, pull it or clip it herself. If she doesn't you can do it for her but she might not appreciate your help with it. It can get annoying rubbing on toys and the cage sides but it shouldn't be too big a danger for her as it is already damaged and should pull free rather than injuring her.

Have someone hold your bird. Get a sharp scisser and hold feather in same position. Cut the wing at the yellow line. The arrow is telling you what side of yellow line to cut. Cut the feather in a curved line as seen. The cut will increase the amount of time that the rest of the feather will die and it'll fall out quicker. Then take the remainder of feather and try to tuck it in with the rest of the feathers.

===============================================

132.jpg

OH thanks so much Dave! Thats perfect, I thought of cutting it but wasnt sure, Makes me nervous, But now I know I can! I am sure it will be much better than just leaving it, Cuz t hits all her toys and stuff, Like greywings said, So this will be much better.

So then whats left of it will just eventually fall out?? If so thats great, Thanks again!