NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pics :)

Summerc25

We had some corn tonight :P He scratches his beak up ALOT, you can probably see it in the pictures. Is this normal? The last time I took him to the vet it was like that and the vet said it needed to be trimmed a bit (which I don't think it really did and we will NEVER EVER be doing that again) It traumatized him and hedidn't eat as much as normal for a few days and I was freaking out. When I called, the vet said it was just because his beak felt different.

mmmmcorn.jpg

and got some new toys, which surprisingly one of them he took to right away. The other one he was petrified of so it is sitting near the cage so he can see it and get used to it for a day or two. Ignore the corn on his cage, this was just after he tore up a piece of corn hehe

SZandnewtoy.jpg

szandnewtoy1.jpg

Here he is just stretching :)

stretchhhh.jpg

Here he is on his playstand with another toy

stretchhhh.jpg

<a href="http://s993.photobucket.com/albums/af56/Summerc25/?action=view&current=szonplaystand1.jpg" target="_blank"><="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

As far as beak trimming goes, here's what we do: go to the ferret/rabbit section of the toy store and buy their chewies (they're usually cheaper!! wth?) and make sure you keep that cuttlebone up, for beakiness and for calcium. Hard wood toys and what I've already mentioned should keep that beak nice and trimmed.

We also offer in-shell almonds for our fids to work on. That's a nice little beak grind with a treat inside.

Remember: it's not like there's some "beak trimmer" they go to in the wild, they just grind stuff.

Thanks Luv and thanks for the advice Lambert :) I had a really hard time getting him to try new foods since I have had him. I was so excited when he went after that corn with such relish. We have tried corn before and he removed it from his dish and threw it on the ground...lol I read a thread on here somewhere saying pretend it is so delicious and its yours then offer it to them. Works like a charm. I got my piece of corn and gave him his. Then I carried on about how delicious it was and he went over and tasted a little bite. Then he tore it up lol