NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Introducing myself

Kevin

Hello, my name is Kevin and I am new to this forum. I have read many of the articles on this site and have learned quite a bit. I want to thank you all for all the excellent advice and caring concern you show for your community. A little about me... I am an elem. teacher in Western New York near Rochester. I own a 13 month old cag, a 3 year old parrolet and several canaries and gouldian finches, which I raise as a hobby. I have been enamored with birds my whole life. I am 53 years old and am always learning new things about my birds. Birds have been in my life since I was a young child. I acquired an African Grey when he was 9 weeks old and hand fed him from that time until he was weaned. His name is Dorian Grey and he is a wonderful companion. I'm sure I will have many questions about his development as time goes on and hopefully will be able to contribute to this forum with the knowledge I have acquired over the years of having birds. I will certainly do my best and look forward to being a part of this fine community. Thank you all again.

Kevin<br><br>Post edited by: Kevin, at: 2010/01/13 13:40

Hello Kevin and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us.

Please continue to read thru our many threads and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We really love pictures here so if you have some of Dorian Grey you would share with us we would love to see them.

Hey there Kevin! If your picture is on your desktop then you can attach it by going to browse dont hit img just click on picture you want..the location will appear in the window below then hit 'submit' make sure it is reading where the picture is at...ie..my pictures/Dorian..anyway...being owned by a Grey is a beautiful thing.... I too Love all birds..from the lowly house finch to the Golden Eagle..they are all alluring...

How cool is that. Did you choose it because of the book Dorian Gray? I thought it was a great name for an African Grey. We must think alike. I'd love to put a pic of him on here, but have had no luck achieving that. I'm going to keep trying, though.

Nice to hear from you, thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin and welcome!

Wow what a wonderful introduction! Thank you for your kind comments regarding the forum!

Keep trying with the photos - it took me a while to get the hang of it too, but photobucket.com is def the way to go, and very easy once you get it!

Looking forward to seeing those pics!

Lyn & Alfie