NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Checking things out.

Hello, everyone. My name is Glenda.. and I have visited several forums over the last few days as I am about to take in a rescue CAG and although I have experience with parrots (Eclectus), I've never had a Grey (though I've always wanted one). I have a bunch of questions because she comes with some behavioral and diet issues, but really I want to just make sure I'm not going to be ignored or treated like I'm stupid if I ask them. I have, unfortunately, had that kind of response at several sites. So, this is me, checking things out.

pax.

Hi Glenda ~ Welcome to our family. You may have visited several forums over the last few days - but you have found your home!

You will have browsed and realised what a friendly bunch of people there are here. Your questions will all be answered ~ might be a bit of a time delay as we are world wide - but you'll not find threads here that don't get answered.

And as for stupid questions - I'll have asked them before - so don't worry!!! Nothing is classed as stupid here.

There are many owners with rescue birds who will be only too willing to help. We have specially allocated rooms to deal with your queries - pretty self explanatory when you peek in.

Ask away - go for it and I hope to see you as a regular member of our family :)

Hi Glenda, don't worry about feeling stupid, I had to wait for about three months before I got my baby grey and I hung around here all the time, reading and asking and down right being a nuisance. Everyone was very nice and helpful to me. I'm proud to say Ana Grey is an independent loving grey and all thanks to the experienced members of this forum. I have rescued an older eclectus who lived in a pet shop for over 7 years who is a terrible plucker. Maybe you can give me some tips to help him. Can't wait to hear more about your rescued grey. Karma to you for taking in an older grey. Welcome to the Grey Family!

Karma to you for taking in a rescue Glenda! Welcome to the forum and we are glad to have you :) There are some awesome people here that are very knowledgeable. Trust me, I have asked plenty of questions. No one will think they are stupid questions. I think everyone here is concerned about the well being of the greys so we are all glad to help in anyway when people have questions. I am not nearly as knowledgeable as many of the other members but I will try to help anytime I can. You are already giving that grey a second chance at having a happy life with a companion and that is just AWESOME!

To take in a rescue is both rewarding and challanging but do not dispare .. a grey is a giant personality in a small feathered body.. slow is the key word here..Is your home a super busy place? Do you have a quiet room this Grey can stay in while he/she adjusts? what sort of issues? how old?

gracefuldancing wrote:

but really I want to just make sure I'm not going to be ignored or treated like I'm stupid if I ask them. I have, unfortunately, had that kind of response at several sites. So, this is me, checking things out.

pax.

Welcome Pax and Jade!!!

You will not experience any of that on this forum and I can guarantee it. :-)

You will find this to be a very loving and caring community here that loves others critters as much as they love their own.

When you laugh, we laugh, when you cry, we cry with you.

Looking forward to hearing a lot more from you. :-)