NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Spock's First Vacation!

Spock

:dry: For all those with birds, you all know that it is very difficult to plan a vacation with these characters. This is due to the fact that when you have more than one bird, you can't leave them alone. They need hours of attention, not just someone stopping by and feeding them a couple times a day and it's really hard to pack them up and take them with you.:S

But this year, we are finally going to take a vacation...with the birds! We found a spot, very inexpensive...palm trees, cement slab, locally available restroom and showers, gas grill, just a few hundred yards from a river with boating, swimming and fishing...pets welcome, restaurants and entertainment within 15 miles.:woohoo:

Our biggest concern and worry is Spock and Joey. You know how neurotic Greys can be...the other 17 birds are no problem...they go with the flow...:(

We have the vacation time arranged for the middle of April and we can't wait!!! The temperature will be warm at night and warm/hot during the day time.

Come April, we're going to pitch a tent in our yard, roll/carry all the birds out to the patio, unfold the lounge chairs, put on the sunscreen and start the grill...B)

Maggie

Spock wrote:

Our biggest concern and worry is Spock and Joey. You know how neurotic Greys can be...the other 17 birds are no problem...they go with the flow...:(

Anyone else read that and weep? lol 17!? Good lord! We have 6 and taking them all on vacation would be like marching an army across Europe!

Maggie,

I would love to see pic's of that vacation! The idea of pitching a tent in the backyard is brilliant! Especially the idea of indoor showers. I just spent a week in the outdoors camping with the Boy Scouts and couldn't take the fids - they were at home with Daddy, but I missed them terribly. I'm sure Spoke and Joey will manage to go with the flow just like the rest - they won't be going to far though...lol.

When I started reading this post I imagined 17 different bird crates, and knowing you have more than conures they have to be of decent size, not sure my suburban would have handled that lot (although we've already measured and charted incase of a hurricane and we have to bug out!)

Enjoy your vacation!

Robin