NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Introduction

Hi All,

My name is Paulo and I live in Portugal (Europe ;) ). I have recently bought an African Grey Parrot, and he/she is 3,5 months old. I am still feeding him/her twice a day, but he/She is already managing very well on his/her own. As you can see, I stil don't know if we have a 'Boy' or a 'Girl', because we haven't made the DNA tests yet. Although we suspect "He" is a 'male'. We named Him 'Caco', but if it turns out to be a Female, we will change the name to 'Coca' ;)

I Hope I can learn a lot of things from all of your experience and knowledge, and eventually share my own.

Best Regards

Paulo C.

Ola Paulo, bem-vindo (and there my knowledge of Portugese ceases)!!

Also, welcome to you and Caco/Coco! There are lots of topics and threads for you to learn and read. If there is anything you are unsure of or want to know - then just ask!

Looking forward to seeing some photos and hearing more about you :)<br><br>Post edited by: JillyBeanz, at: 2010/01/12 19:58

Hi Paulo!

Nice to have you here!

You will find lots of really helpful information here.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your baby!

Dave007 wrote:

Hi

é agradável tê-lo em nossa placa. Os lotes dos povos têm pássaros muito novos e você e podem compartilhar do info e das histórias. Nós somos todos aqui a ajudar.

A man of many talents Dave!!? Do you speak Portuguese or did you use a translator!!?<br><br>Post edited by: pearllyn, at: 2010/01/12 22:02

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have pictures, I have films, and sometimes I have a live cam, to see Caco while I am at work :)

You may see a short film at http://www.youtube.com/user/pfcarquejo#p/a/u/0/qHj7nbTXlaA

The live Cam is off line righ now, because 'Caco is sleeping'. Tomorrow if the Cam is on, i will let you know ;)

Dave and Jill,

Obrigado pelas boas vindas :)

forum1.jpg

Post edited by: pfcarquejo, at: 2010/01/12 23:04<br><br>Post edited by: pfcarquejo, at: 2010/01/12 23:05

forum1.jpg

I’m afraid there is not too much action…LOL ! The web cam is only for the purpose ok keeping an eye on him, while I am at work (which I am now). Especially to See if he is feeding himself. He is more and more refusing to eat the “baby food”, but I can see he has the stomach (how do you call the place where birds keep the food?) with food he ate for himself.

Hello Paulo and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us,

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Thanks so much for sharing a picture of Caco with us, what a beautiful grey baby.