NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Somewhere to stay

JACKIE41523

Hi there

My first posting! I live in the Redhill, Surrey area and looking for somewhere for my 4 year old Grey to stay whilst I go on holiday, probably at the end of February/early March. The 2 places I know are very expensive but equally I need to know that he'll be happy and in a caring 'home', so may have to pay those rates.

Does anybody have any ideas, please?

Hi Jackie,

Nice to have you here!

Alfie's middle name is expensive!

Unless you know of a relative or friend that you would trust to look after your bird, then paying these rates may be the best option. I'm hoping to go on holiday sometime (!) and there is simply no-one around here that I would feel happy leaving Alfie with! There's an option to take her back to the breeder, but I'm not sure about that. The other option is a house sitter, that way your grey doesn't have the upheaval of leaving home and losing you for a bit!

Hope you get sorted!

Lyn & Alfie

I have to agree with Kitty, take the bird with you if at all possible, most greys love going places with their owners and travel well.

I belong to a bird club and there is a member who I leave my birds with when I travel where I cannot take them along with me, maybe that is an option for you, check and see if there are any clubs or organizations locally.

I think the best option is to find a pet-sitter to watch Peanut while you are away. I feel like this would be the less stressful way for the grey because then he gets to stay in a comfortable environment he is used to. You may check with your local vets to see if any of them can recommend someone reliable to you. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your holiday.