NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Odd Behavior

Nikki

Anyone have any thoughts on what is going on here? My Timneh Nikki is now about 1 1/2 years. She comes upstairs with me in the morning while I do my bath routine. She looks out the window for a 1/2 hour & then sits on a mirror perch next to the sink. When I go to brush my teeth she is right there wanting to play with the other end of the toothbrush. I oblige her. She likes to grab my pinkie & hang on while I scrub away, or she wants me to bump her beak with the end of the toothbrush as I am brushing...either way she begins blushing. When I have to spit out the toothpaste she thinks I am feeding her (or so it appears) Do I need to stop brushing my teeth in front of her & go down the hall to the other bath or is this just a little game? I don't let her taste the toothpaste, I already know it is not something she should have.

I don't think it's odd behavior. Nikki is wanting to be involved and helpful. :-)

I and Kim do not take Dayo into the bathroom with either of us when doing tasks like that due to the same issues...Grabbing tooth brush, grabbing comb, grabbing blow dryer...grabbing other things :ohmy: and just generally trying to help. But, they have no idea they are really being a nuisance and make it impossible to complete any task in that area.