NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

PTFE In Heaters?

Georgiesmum

Can anyone tell me If It Is safe to use a portable oil heater In the same room as my birds? There room Is the office and I am In here all day with them but As It Is Freezing out It gets a bit chilli from sitting at the computer all day and I have an old heater that would be great If I could use It but Ive read that PTFE can be found In some heaters. The leaflet that came with It Is long gone so how would I find out??

The best thing to try and do is to contact the manufacturer and explain about the info you want. If you're fortunate to get a phone #, use it. Sometimes they'll not only send you whatever info you want but they'll also send you a new set of directions concerning use. People do that for kitchen appliances, cameras, home entertainment centers etc.

You can also type in the company's name in your PC and put in the model # and see if any info comes with it.

So far, you haven't named off the name or model # of your heater. Some here may be familiar with it or know how to get info on it.

• 1 month later...