NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

SNOW !!

Supernova

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha Ha - of course I didn't take the picture - the snowman is far too inferior to be considered one of my masterpieces!!!!

Well, the big melt continues - we're now waiting for the big floods! Everywhere is so wet and slushy!

I'm going to stop moaning though - I'll have slush over snow any day of the week!!! :laugh:

Right, on behalf of the UK I wish to apologise for our moaning, groaning and inherent whinging over the last week or so. Yes, you probably realise we aren't used to this type of weather. We are not equipped, educated or accommodating to such conditions.

On behalf of my fellow countrymen (and women) I would like to say - we shall now stop bellyaching!

One footnote is - thank you Mr Snow for buggering off to Spain - you're such a thoughtful chap!!!

JillyBeanz wrote:

Right, on behalf of the UK I wish to apologise for our moaning, groaning and inherent whinging over the last week or so. Yes, you probably realise we aren't used to this type of weather. We are not equipped, educated or accommodating to such conditions.

On behalf of my fellow countrymen (and women) I would like to say - we shall now stop bellyaching!

One footnote is - thank you Mr Snow for buggering off to Spain - you're such a thoughtful chap!!!

Paa dont be silly Jill, I like to moan and groan about things.

Snow is beautiful on the mountains and in other folks' yards and fun for kids to play in BUT- sorry it's been so miserable for many of you.;):P There is very little snow in the Sierra and little rain here which is good for those who live in the fire area BUT again-We are facing another year of water shortage, not enough for the farmers and we do feed much of the US if not the world. I guess we are the ones feeling the global warming. Too bad we couldn't share in your rain and snow.:whistle: :S (But glad not here in MY backyard!):silly:

My 4x4 truck works better in 2wd because I can get the arse end out on the ice, but in 4wd it cant slide so well, I like to turn right looking out the passenger window its more fun :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Now there is no snow its boring :angry: :( :(

Now I am going to moan about that :P

;)

Supernova wrote:

My 4x4 truck works better in 2wd because I can get the arse end out on the ice, but in 4wd it cant slide so well, I like to turn right looking out the passenger window its more fun :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

;)

Lol - now there is no snow it's muddy!

Now I am going to moan about that!

pearllyn wrote:

Supernova wrote:

;)

Lol - now there is no snow it's muddy!

Now I am going to moan about that!

No mud here yet! but when it gets here I am going to moan my arse off about mud.

And if no mud! #@+##~ :woohoo:

Thought it was time a Canadian put her two cents in on this thread. First I have to debunk some Canadian stereotypes. Winter is only one of four seasons we have here. I have never built, or been inside, an igloo, and I never took a snowmobile to school (although I have to admit X-country sking there a few times in my youth). There are some places in Canada that absolutely come to a standstill when it snows. (I'm talking about you, Vancouver.):lol: I lived there for four years and got to feel all hardy and superior when the snow fell and stuck although, in their defence, alot of their road do go straight down or up at scary angles that might even give an Eastener pause.:blink: If you watch the winter Olympics this year, you'll see what I mean.

I've often said that Canada's national sport is not hockey, it's complaining about the weather. All I know is this time last year the snowbank at the end of my drive was over 6' high, and right now it's only 2', so I'm good:)

Here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about Canadians:

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, You may live in Canada .

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time,

You may live in Canada.

If you measure distance in hours, You may live in Canada.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, You may live in Canada.

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day and back again, You may live in Canada.

If you can drive 90 km/hr through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching,

You may live in Canada.

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, You may live in Canada.

If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them, You may live in Canada.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, You may live in Canada.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, You may live in Canada.

If you know all 4 seasons: Almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, You may live in Canada.

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, You may live in Canada.

If you find -2 degrees 'a little chilly', You may live in Canada.

Uh oh... I may be a Canadian after all. Either that or I better get there as fast as I can because we are kindred spirits. We have little shaded pockets of snow still here in Georgia almost a week after the tiny bit of snow. Schools were still closed yesterday.