NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New member/grey owner

I have recently been adopted by a 12 year old grey that was in a bad situation living in a garage. We are learning alot together, In a week we have made alot of progress. Tell ya, he is a real stress reliever!:woohoo:

IMGP1739.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/07/28 10:04

Hi & Welcome! I'm very happy to hear you rescued this poor bird. 12 years old, that's wonderful. Things are going well, that's even better. Does he have a name? If you have a photo, we'd love it if you posted it,we really enjoy pictures!! Again, there is lots of info here, and you've joined a wonderful family! We look forward to hearing more. Any questions, ask away, you'll get lots of help here! :) :)

His name is Yago........ and he is a real treasure. We are working on the no biting thing. He will take treats from my hand and go in and out of his cage to hang out. Last night I had to leave and wanted him back in his cage. so I asked him if he wanted a grape and put it in his cage. he went in........ no stress! yeah! He also talks alot...... but alot of those are shut up, I am going to wring your neck, f--- you. but he has picked up " I am a pretty boy" interesting the things that he is stringing together. Love the burp and the nose blowing! Yago is so beautiful..... no feather plucking!

Welcome, Tatifish, to the forum family of grey owners, I am glad you joined and congrats on your grey. You are finding out what wonderful creatures they are and I look forward to hearing more about Yago. What an unusual name, how did you come up with that or was that the original name?

well, going by what he is saying........ it is yaaaaahgooooo. I under stand he is named for the aladdin parrot. as I am sitting here, he climbing around outside of his new, (gently used) huge cage chattering Yaaaahhhhgoooooo is a good bird over and over and over. LOL amazing that he could live 12 years in a small cage without toys other than one crappy old one with out going mad. yes, a quick trip to the store and he has more frigging toys and extras for changing them out. yes, spoiled.

Hi Tatifish. Congrats on your Grey.

Dan & I recently purchased ours from a local breeder. You can see pics of him in the Grey folder. His name is DAYO, which is African for "joy arrives". That is what most greys are, a joy to have.

My husband is on this forum, "danmcq." Everyone here is very knowledgeable and still learning for the newer ones.

Kim